Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 Anregungen/Fehler/Fragen zum Forum
jin shuiqian0713 Offline

25.07.2018 04:20
Detroit Lions linebacker Travis Lewis was suspended Tuesday for the final four games of the regular season for violating the NF Antworten

DETROIT -- Detroit Lions linebacker Travis Lewis was suspended Tuesday for the final four games of the regular season for violating the NFLs policy on performance-enhancing substances. Mason Rudolph Steelers Jersey . The 25-year-old Lewis is in his second season after being drafted in the seventh round in 2012. He has played 25 games for Detroit, with no starts, and his contributions have been mostly on special teams. Lewis is eligible to return Dec. 30, one day after Detroits regular-season finale against Minnesota. "All NFL players know they are responsible for their actions, and they also know there are consequences when their actions are not consistent with league policy," Lions general manager Martin Mayhew said. "While we are disappointed that Travis violated league policy and will miss the next four games, we expect that Travis will learn from this experience and not repeat it." In a statement released by the team, Lewis apologized to his coaches, teammates, fans and team. "I have let my team down and theres nothing worse than that," he said. "I will not make the same mistake again. I look forward to returning to the team after I serve my suspension." To fill the roster spot, the Lions signed linebacker Julian Stanford. He played for the Jacksonville Jaguars last season. The Lions are 7-5 and have what is in effect a two-game lead in the NFC North after beating Green Bay 40-10 on Thanksgiving and the Chicago Bears lost to Minnesota over the weekend. They will face the Eagles, also 7-5, on Sunday. "Were really not trying to look too far into the future. Our destiny is on Sunday," wide receiver Nate Burleson said Tuesday. "Whats most important is getting ready for a good Philadelphia team because theyre playing on a high level." Detroits win over Green Bay came after two losses, at Pittsburgh and against Tampa Bay at home. "I dont think we necessarily started looking ahead but in the flow of those games," Burleson said. "We kind of lost our focus and fire to finish." Detroit turned the ball over five times in the 24-21 loss to Tampa Bay on Nov. 24, and even in their win over the Packers last Thursday, the Lions had four more turnovers. "On the offensive side of the football, we just need to take better care of the football," quarterback Matthew Stafford. "If we can eliminate that, I feel real good about where we are." Coach Jim Schwartz said his team needs to take better care of the ball, but turnovers are a byproduct of his teams offence. "Part of that (turnovers) is being aggressive and pushing the ball down the field," he said. "There is some risk/reward in pushing the ball down the field. Some things we can do better in preventing turnovers." Philadelphia quarterback Nick Foles has thrown 19 touchdown passes without an interception since taking over as the starter. "Hes been a good decision type guy. Not making mistakes and keeping his team in the game," Lions safety Glover Quin said. Schwartz said that despite Foles numbers the key to slowing down the Philadelphia offence will be limiting its running game, particularly running back LeSean McCoy. NOTES: Lions veteran kicker David Akers has struggled at times this season and missed a short field goal against Green Bay on Thursday. The team invited some kickers in for a workout on Tuesday after practice but Schwartz said that had nothing to do with Akers. "Were just trying to be proactive and be ready for anything that might happen," Schwartz said. .. WR Calvin Johnson and S Louis Delmas didnt practice on Tuesday ... The Lions signed CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah to the teams practice squad. Owusu-Ansah played at Indiana (Pa.) in college. Custom Steelers Jerseys . - Loosening up for their first training camp practice, the Miami Dolphins high-stepped sideways up and down the field while House of Pains song "Jump Around" blared on the loudspeakers. Jon Bostic Jersey . Nine years later, he might have finally figured it out. He had only five rounds in the 60s in his previous eight trips. http://www.footballsteelerstore.us/Black-Friday-Sean-Davis-Jersey/ . -- Kenneth Faried made a turnaround hook shot over Draymond Green with a half-second remaining, and the Denver Nuggets made Golden State wait at least one more game to secure a playoff berth with a stunning 100-99 win over the Warriors on Thursday night.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Fighting in his home state for the first time in nearly five years, Matt Brown (19-11) delivered a thrilling performances with a third-round stoppage of Brazilian import Erick Silva (16-5). The bout served as the headlining matchup of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Brown vs. Silva" event, which took place at U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati. It was Silva who looked well on his way to victory in the early going, delivering a pair of crushing kicks to the body that sent Brown crashing to the floor, doubled over in pain. But as Silva swarmed for the finish, first with strikes and then with a choke attempt, Brown somehow gutted through the onslaught and worked back to his feet. From there, it was a matter of time. Brown shook off the pain and returned fire with punches, kicks and elbows from all angles. To his credit, Silva survived the onslaught for the remainder of the first round, not to mention the entirety of the second frame, as well. Silva showed occasional signs of a comeback, as every body shot caused Brown to momentarily wince. But Browns momentum was too great and his pressure too relentless. Early in the third round, he sent Silva crashing to the floor, and after avoiding a desperation submission attempt, postured up and unleashed a furious flurry of strikes that forced referee Herb Dean to call off the bout at the 2:11 mark of the frame. Afterward, a humble Brown was typically ho-hum in regards to the "Fight of the Year" effort. "I just do what I do," Brown said. "Its my first main event in my home state. The pressure got to me a little bit. Once I settled down, I got going. "My power wasnt really there today; maybe hes that tough. When I usually hit people with those punches, they go down. He kept fighting." In the nights co-feature, Constantinos Philippou picked up a much-needed win with a thunderous first-round finish of Lorenz Larkin. The two strikers were trading bombs on the feet from the start. Philippou was firing heavy leather with his crisp boxing, while Larkin answered in kind while also missing in snapping kick to the legs. But as Philippou closed the range, he nullified some of Larkins tools, and thats when he unleashed his biggest shots. A left hand wobbled Larkin, and a right hand put him out cold at the 3:47 mark, snapping a disappointing two-fight losing streak for Philippou. "It was a big win for me," Philippou said. "It followed two very disappointing losses. Before my last fight, I wasnt sure if I wanted to keep fighting, and it showed. I looked awful. But the UFC called and gave me another shot." Lightweight striker Daron Cruickshank (15-4) scored a first-round finish of Erik Koch (14-4). It was Koch who held the centre of the cage andd looked to use his range to pick apart his opponents legs. Joe Haden Steelers Jersey. Unfortunately for Koch, Cruickshank walked through the blows and delivered a stunning left high kick that sent his opponent toppling to the canvas. Cruickshank immediately pounced with a non-stop barrage of punches and elbows that forced a merciful stop at the 3:21 mark of the first. "Its a great night for me," Cruickshank said after the win. "I showed up. When I show up, I can beat anyone. I know I belong among the best in my division, and I think I proved that tonight." In a battle of rangy welterweights, Neil Magny (10-3) started quickly then survived some late trouble to battle back for a hard-fought decision win over Tim Means (20-6-1). As two of the taller fighters in the division, both struggled to settle into a comfortable range. The back-and-forth action left the fight hanging in the balance in the final frame. Means started strong, hurting Magny with an early barrage of knees. But Magny survived the onslaught and battled back to score a takedown, stifling his opponent for the remainder of the round and edging out Means for a decision win with scores of 30-27, 29-28 and 29-28. "Having to adjust to a guy who is as long or longer than me was an adjustment for me," Magny said. "Hes a hard guy to find a training partner for, difficult to imitate, but Im happy with the win. It just puts me in place to keep climbing." In heavyweight action, Australian Soa "The Hulk" Palelei (21-3) ran his winning streak to 11 fights with a crushing first-round defeat of South African UFC newcomer Ruan "Fangzz" Potts (8-2). While Potts was considered the superior grappler, Palelei took him to the floor in the early going and quickly moved to mount, where a perfectly placed left hand put his opponent to sleep at the 2:20 mark of the first round. "I think the hard work and my good coaches have helped," Palelei said. "Relentless training is the key. Ive been working hard and want to prove to everyone that I belong in the UFC." In the nights first main-card matchup, flyweight Chris Cariaso (17-5) handed highly-touted prospect Louis Smolka (7-1) his first career defeat. While Cariaso was the smaller man in the cage, his aggressive attacks throughout the bout, coupled with a strong submission game that saw him threaten to finish the fight on a few occasions, were enough to earn him a hard-fought split-decision win. "I was looking for submissions all the time," Cariaso said after the win. "When guys get low, they get susceptible to submissions, so I tried for them. "We expected him to come forward right away, which is exactly what he did, so the fight went according to plan." NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys From China Discount NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Black Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz