Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Regeln
elaine95 Offline

08.01.2020 02:42
him to the ground. Like, I rolled off right away and I tried to let the referee know that I’m not trying to be malicious and dri Antworten

CINCINNATI (AP) — Jeff Driskel headed directly from the practice field to the podium in the media room and headed for Andy Dalton’s usual seat. In countless ways Preston Brown Jersey , the third-year quarterback has entered a new frontier.Until last Sunday, he’d never gotten into a game because of an injury. He’s practicing with the Bengals‘ starting offense this week for the first time all season.And on Sunday, he’ll make his first career start against the Broncos (5-6) at Paul Brown Stadium in a game the Bengals (5-6) need to win to maintain any hopes of reaching the playoffs.“All right!” he said, settling into a chair behind the microphone.He’s been waiting a long time for such a chance.Driskel was hoping to lead the Florida Gators after Tim Tebow’s departure, but he broke his leg and wasn’t able to win the job. He transferred to Louisiana Tech for the 2015 season, threw for 4,033 yards and was drafted by San Francisco in the sixth round. The Bengals claimed him off waivers before the 2016 season.They liked his arm, his mobility and how he responded in pressure situations, keeping him as the No. 3 behind Dalton and AJ McCarron. Last year Ryan Finley Jersey , he broke his passing hand in the final preseason game and hurt his non-passing arm while playing the role of receiver during practice late in the season.McCarron won a grievance and became a free agent after the season. Driskel competed with Matt Barkley for the backup job during training camp, getting it when Barkley hurt his left knee in the final preseason game.Now, he’s got a chance to finish the season as the starter.Dalton is out for the season with an injured right thumb , suffered during a 35-20 loss to Cleveland on Sunday. Driskel knows it’s an opportunity that could be a turning point in his career, even though he can’t think of it that way.“We’re just kind of worried about this week,” he said Wednesday. “If you start to let your mind wander into the distance, you can’t narrow your focus on this week.”His biggest challenge this week is not allowing the pressure to bother him.“Just stay relaxed,” coach Marvin Lewis said.He’ll have one advantage. Receiver A.J. Green returned to practice on a limited basis Wednesday after missing the past three games with an injured toe on his right foot. Green said he expects to play on Sunday, barring a setback in practice during the week. Without Green Cheap Renell Wren Jersey , the offense has struggled in three straight losses.“I’m just happy to be playing football again,” Green said. “These last four weeks have been tough.”The biggest change in the offense will be Driskel’s ability to run. He threw his first NFL touchdown pass and ran for another against Cleveland, beating a safety to the end zone.“He had a pretty good one on that touchdown run and he said, ‘Well, I wasn’t really running that fast,'” offensive coordinator Bill Lazor said.WHIRLWINDThe Bengals claimed quarterback Tom Savage off waivers from San Francisco on Monday, providing a backup for Driskel. It’s Savage’s third team this season — the Saints waived him in the final cuts. He packed a bag of clothes and arrived on Tuesday.“Three systems in three months — completely different,” Savage said. “But it’s all (football). You’ve just got to throw it to the open guy.”TACKLE PROBLEMSLeft tackle Cordy Glenn was inactive for the game against the Browns with a back injury. Replacement Jake Fisher hurt his back in the game and didn’t return. Both were held out of practice Wednesday, along with DE Carlos Dunlap (hip). CB Dre Kirkpatrick (shoulder) and LB Nick Vigil (knee) were limited. CINCINNATI (AP) — Safety Shawn Williams lowered his shoulder and hit Andrew Luck in the head as he was tackled Michael Jordan Jersey Limited , drawing an ejection.End Carlos Dunlap went for Luck’s legs and got a penalty for roughing the passer. He was flagged again when he landed hard on the quarterback after taking him down.The Bengals‘ defense spent a lot of time self-destructing before holding on for a 34-23 win at Indianapolis in their opener. Fixing the egregious penalties is at the top of their list as they get ready to host Baltimore (1-0) on Thursday night.“You’re just trying to do your job, get after the quarterback,” Williams said, referring to the penalties on him and Dunlap. “Like me, he has to find a way to do what’s within the rules.”The Bengals (1-0) hired defensive coordinator Teryl Austin in the offseason after Paul Guenther left for the Raiders. Austin has emphasized getting turnovers, and the defense won the game with one.Luck was trying to lead the Colts to a winning touchdown when safety Clayton Fejedelem stripped tight end Jack Doyle of the ball near the Cincinnati 15-yard line and returned the fumble for a touchdown with 24 seconds left.The defense had a few glaring shortcomings. Luck completed 39 of 53 passes for 319 yards with a pair of touchdowns and an interception, and the Colts had 380 yards overall.The three penalties were the most glaring issues.Williams’ hit on Luck’s head in the first quarter cost the Bengals their veteran safety and moved the Colts to the 9-yard line. They had to settle for a field goal.Dunlap’s first roughing-the-passer penalty with 27 seconds left in the first half moved the Colts in range for another field goal. His second roughing penalty resulted in a fumble being negated.“The penalties were the disappointing thing,” Austin said.The NFL has emphasized that it won’t accept actions such as Williams hitting Luck in the head.“I levelled my shoulder,” Williams said. “The contact with his head was incidental. There’s nothing I can do about that. I don’t know what he’s going to do as a runner. I know he’s going to try and get the first down and my job is to stop him.”Dunlap’s first penalty was for going after Luck’s legs http://www.cincinnatibengalsteamonline.com/alex-redmond-jersey , which also is a point of emphasis in protecting quarterbacks. The second one violated a new rule that says defenders can’t land on the quarterback with their full weight as they tackle them.Dunlap landed on top of Luck and caused a fumble that the Bengals recovered, but it was negated by the penalty.“Yeah, I was upset,” Dunlap said. “I mean, I tried to do the next-best thing and keep all my weight from taking him to the ground. Like, I rolled off right away and I tried to let the referee know that I’m not trying to be malicious and drive him into the ground.”Cornerback William Jackson also got an unnecessary roughness penalty while trying to prevent T.Y. Hilton’s touchdown catch. Overall, Cincinnati was penalized eight times for 94 yards.DOING BETTERLinebacker Preston Brown had a limited practice Tuesday, a day after he sat out with an injured right ankle. Dunlap also had a limited practice, a day after sitting out with a calf injury. Both are expected to be available against the Ravens. Linebacker Vontaze Burfict will serve the second of his four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancers.2-0 IS RARE IN CINCINNATIThe Bengals haven’t won their first two games since 2015 Bobby Hart Jersey , when they went 12-4 and won the AFC North. They’ve opened 2-0 four times during Lewis’ 15 previous seasons — 2005, 2006, 2014 and 2015. They reached the playoffs in three of those seasons and lost in the first round. Last year, the Bengals dropped their first three games.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz