Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 57 mal aufgerufen
 Allianzlogos
jokergreen0220 Offline

21.03.2018 04:50
CHICAGO -- Baltimore third baseman Manny Machado has decided to have season-ending surgery on his ailing right knee, leaving the Antworten

CHICAGO -- Baltimore third baseman Manny Machado has decided to have season-ending surgery on his ailing right knee, leaving the Orioles without one of their best players as they try for their first division title in 17 years. Jonathan Drouin Jersey . Machado hurt himself on an awkward swing against the New York Yankees on Aug. 11, crumpling to the ground in the batters box. He tried rest in an effort to return to the AL East-leading Orioles this year, but he said the knee just isnt getting better. "Theres nothing else we can do," Machado said before Baltimores game at the Chicago Cubs on Saturday. "Only thing is going in there and fixing it up. Its just something it didnt get any better at all." The 22-year-old Machado, who was selected by Baltimore with the third overall pick in the 2010 draft, was an All-Star and won a Gold Glove last year in his first full season in the majors. He played in every game before he sustained a similar injury to his other knee and missed the final week of the season. He got his left knee fixed last October in California, and he likely will return to Dr. Neal ElAttrache in the next week or so for the procedure on his right knee. The previous operation included an arthroscopy and open reconstruction of the medial patellar femoral ligament. "Ideally, youd like players to be healthy for the whole season and Manny hadnt been able to get through the first two full campaigns," said Dan Duquette, the vice-president of baseball operations for the Orioles. "So hopefully these surgeries will address the issue so that when he comes back he will be able to see it through the whole season." Machado did not play in a regular-season game this year until May 1. He hit .278 with 12 home runs and 32 RBIs in 82 games. Its a difficult blow for the Orioles, who are in prime position for their first division title since 1997. They had an eight-game lead over the New York Yankees heading into Saturdays games. "I dont get into that Woe is me, the Earth is shaking and the sky is falling, you cant get into that mentality," Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said. "We played 50 games without him." Slugger Chris Davis got the start at third on Saturday. Jonathan Schoop and Ryan Flaherty also have played the position this year for Baltimore. Duquette did not rule out bringing in someone to help make up for Machados absence, but acknowledged that the pool of available players was thin and indicated he believes the best options are currently on the roster. "The thing about the team and on behalf of the Orioles, weve been able to field a very competitive team this year in spite of our injuries," Duquette said. "And our team has been competitive because players step up." Maurice Richard Jersey .“I always did my stuff ahead of the deadline. The best deal Ive ever done was the Darryl Sydor deal. We did that at the end of January in 04, and Syd was the missing piece. Mats Naslund Jersey . CHAUNCEY BILLUPS (Pistons): Yes they got Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings in the off-season and Andre Drummond is a beast (teams are kicking themselves for passing on him - he rebounds and block shots every game - thats two more discernable and significant skills than most guys in his draft class), but dont for a second discount the impact of having a savvy veteran like Billups on your team. http://www.hockeycanadiensauthority.com/shea-weber-canadiens-jersey-c-6/ . -- Officials have approved a deal to build a new $672 million stadium for the Atlanta Braves away from the downtown Atlanta area that has traditionally been its home.ARLINGTON, Texas - Chris Young couldnt overcome a slow start for the Seattle Mariners. He gave up three runs in the first inning and a tiebreaking home run to Shin-Soo Choo in the fifth in a 4-3 loss to the Texas Rangers on Wednesday. Young (3-2) gave up seven hits and three walks in 6 1-3 innings. He previously pitched in Arlington in 2006 for the San Diego Padres. "I grew up as a Rangers fan, coming to this ballpark," Young said. "I wanted to come in here and win, thats why Im disappointed that I didnt get that done. "You have those games where if you can limit the damage early, you feel like youll pitch a good game. I gave up one too many in the first." Texas first five batters reached base, with Elvis Andrus hitting a two-run homer and Alex Rios singling home the third run. "(Young) works up in the strike zone. In the first inning, we did a good job of laying off it and making him work," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. Seattle tied the game 3-3 in the fourth. James Jones led off with a triple and scored on Michael Saunders single. Robinson Cano then hit a two-run homer. Centre fielder Michael Choice ran back to attempt a catch, but his glove hit the wall as the ball barely cleared it. Choo led off the fifth with his homer into the bullpen in left-centre. "Got a home run that got up in that gust a little bit, thats it," Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon said. "Its a tough ballpark to pitch in, but I thought (Young) did a pretty darn good job for us. "He gave us quality innings after the first inning, really got us in a position to use the bullpen guys we needed to, and not stretch anybody." Young wasnt using the wind as an excuse. He knows how the park plays from his days as a fan from Highland Park and as a Rangers pitcher. "I thought it was a decent pitch. Some places its not (out), "If it was a better ppitch, maybe he doesnt hit it out. Victor Mete Jersey. " "Their pitcher pitched in the same stadium. You have got to be better than their guy, thats the way I look at it, whether you give up 10, or you give up one, you have to be better than their guy. I wasnt today." Rangers starter Nick Tepesch (1-0) won for the first time since July 5, 2013. He was making his second major league appearance this season. After Cano doubled with one out in the sixth, Tepesch regrouped to retire Kyle Seager on a fly ball and struck out Justin Smoak. The Mariners threatened in the seventh. With one out, Tepesch walked Dustin Ackley and John Buck. Left-hander Robbie Ross replaced Tepesch and escaped the inning when pinch hitter Stefen Romero grounded into a double play. Ross was pitching for the first time since being removed from the Rangers rotation. He pitched out of their bullpen in 2012 and 13. "I was thinking, Gosh, here we go! Im in a situation where I like to be. I was pretty amped. I wanted to be out of that inning without those runs scoring." The Mariners also had a runner at second with one out in the eighth, but Neal Cotts struck out Cano and Seager. Seattle had only one baserunner against Tepesch in the first three innings: Seager on a leadoff single in the second. He was erased in an unusual 4-5-3 double play. With Texas defence shifted to the right, Smoak grounded to second baseman Luis Sardinas, who threw to Adrian Beltre covering second. Beltres relay throw to first beat Smoak. NOTES: Jones triple stretched his hitting streak to 11 games. ... The Mariners have two injured players almost ready for rehab assignments at Triple-A Tacoma. If LHP James Paxton (strained back muscle) succeeds in a side throwing session Thursday, he could make a start Sunday, McClendon said. Outfielder Logan Morrison (strained right hamstring) could join Tacoma as early as Friday. China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz