Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
 Geschichten
zhanjiao1212 Offline

24.08.2018 05:49
its and walking four. "Charlie pitched extremely well," Hurdle said. "I think the cowboys say, he drew a tough bull today." Pedr Antworten

David Goffin continued his giant-killing run at Indian Wells by beating former US Open champion Marin Cilic 7-6 6-2 in the quarter-finals. Aaron Colvin Jersey . A day after knocking third seed Stan Wawrinka out, Goffin battled through to his first ATP Masters 1000 semi-final where he will meet Canadian Milos Raonic, a 7-5 6-3 victor over Frenchman Gael Monfils.Goffin saved 11 of 12 break points against Croatian Cilic before sealing the win in just over an hour-and-a-half and declared himself ready to take on another big server. Its good that in tennis you can find some solution against big players like Marin or Milos or (John) Isner, the 25-year-old said.Maybe Im quicker. I think I can take the ball earlier. I have other weapons. Thats why tennis is a nice sport.Im really happy with the way I managed the important points... it was the key of the match, to win the first set, and to be more relaxed in the second.After being forced to fighting off four set points in the opening set, Goffin took the tie-break 7-4 and then broke 10th seed Cilics serve twice in the second set.I was on my baseline and I was making him run a lot, said the Belgian, who has won two ATP titles.When I had the opportunity on his second serve, I was really aggressive, so thats why it was a better second set.Raonic pounded out 10 aces to reach the semi-finals at Indian Wells for the second straight year. Highlights of the quarter-final between Milos Raonic and Gael Monfils from Indian Wells I did things well. I created opportunities for myself, the 12th seed said.I served well and when I did get myself in trouble, I felt like it was me forcing the game. Those kind of things are positive and I stuck to it and it came together.Raonic relinquished an early break to Monfils in the first set but broke back in the 12th game to go 1-0 up and carried the momentum into the second set before serving out for the victory after 90 minutes. Milos Raonic will take on Goffin in the last four The Canadian was sidelined in February because of a groin injury that helped end his run in semi-finals of the Australian Open but is fully fit now and ready to take on Goffin.Hes playing well, said Raonic. If I do the right things I can give myself a chance. I think I have shown that this year, and I hope I can keep showing that. World No 1 Novak Djokovic will face Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Rafa Nadal takes on Kei Nishikori in the other quarter-final matches on Friday, live on Sky Sports 5 HD from 7pm. Also See: ATP schedule Tennis on Sky Latest scores Get a NOW TV pass Video Martinas Rankin Jersey . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers (5) – He had good saves on Giroux, Akeson, and Hartnell tonight. Martinas Rankin Texans Jersey .com) - The Carolina Panthers won for the first time in seven games last week, were without Cam Newton due to a car accident this week, but somehow sit atop the much-maligned NFC South. http://www.officialauthentictexansstore.com/authentic-justin-reid-jersey.html . -- Henry Josey watched helplessly from the sideline last fall, rehabbing from a serious knee injury, while Missouri was getting pushed around in its first SEC season.(SportsNetwork.com) - With the way the St. Louis Cardinals and Pittsburgh Pirates battled for the National League Central crown, its only fitting that their National League Division Series would come down to a decisive fifth game. St. Louis tries to get back into the NLCS for the third straight year, while the Pirates target their first postseason series win since 1979, as the divisional foes play a winner take all showdown at Busch Stadium. "You live for those situations," Pittsburgh star Andrew McCutchen said. "This is the game that we play. They didnt say it was going to be easy getting here to where we are. Weve done a good job of getting in this position. We live for all those moments. Anything can happen in this game." On Wednesday, though, the Cards turn to their ace in Adam Wainwright, who tied for the NL lead with 19 wins and was marvelous in his Game 1 start versus the Pirates, as he allowed just one run and struck out nine in seven innings. "Were always excited to see Adam Wainwright on the mound," Cards manager Mike Matheny said after the Cardinals 2-1 win over the Pirates in Game 4 on Monday. "Hes the ace of our staff. These guys, they get a lot of energy every time he has the mound." Wainwright has won his last five decisions, posting a 1.71 ERA (eight earned runs in 42 innings) over that stretch. Hes also 3-0 with a 1.09 ERA in three postseason starts (seven appearances) in St. Louis. "Its the biggest game of the year, isnt it? Thats what I always tell these guys," Wainwright said. "Every start of mine is the biggest game of the year. Its a big-time game against a good opponent, and Im looking forward to doing it." While it may have been a no-brainer that Wainwright would be taking the hill for St. Louis, Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle had a decision to make. He could have gone with Game 1 starter A.J. Burnett, who was pounded for seven runs in two-plus innings, or turn to rookie Gerrit Cole, who gave up one run in six innings to win Game 2. In the end, it wasnt really a choice, as Hurdle went with the 23-year-old righty Cole. "We have one game to win," said Hurdle. "As Ive done and Ive challenged the guys to do, we need to do the best we can to win that next game. I believe that matchup is the best we can do to beat the Cardinals in Game 5." Cole was as good as any pitcher in baseball down the stretch, going 4-0 over his final five starts, while pitching to a 1.69 ERA. He carried that innto the postseason and was more than effective versus the Cardinals on Friday, retiring 11 in a row at one point. Sammie Coates Jersey. "Its obviously a great opportunity for me to go out there and give my team a chance to win," Cole said. "This is obviously an exciting time, a high- pressure situation, and this is what you prepare for all year. This is why you work out in the offseason, for moments like this, to be mentally and physically ready to go. Its extremely exciting and I cant wait." The Pirates can only hope that Cole delivers the way St. Louis rookie Michael Wacha did in Game 4, as he took a no-hitter into the eighth inning and helped the Cards stave off elimination. "We did a lot of gushing about him before we even got him out there today, and I think everybody sees why," Matheny said. "I dont know if you can put a kid in a tougher spot. He came out and just made pitches all day long. Hes just got a knack of getting up there and [being] very business-like getting the job done." The Cardinals, who received an MLB-best 36 victories from rookie hurlers en route to the NL Central title, are now 7-1 in postseason elimination games over the past three years. "I think you take high-talent and high-character people that are motivated and support each other, and they dont give up. Thats a tough combination," said Matheny of his team. "Its just an honor to watch them do the thing day-in and day-out." St. Louis survived despite managing just three hits, but one was a two-run homer from Matt Holliday off Pittsburgh starter Charlie Morton that broke a scoreless deadlock in the top of the sixth. Holliday had a single earlier in the contest. Morton (0-1) lasted 5 2/3 innings, surrendering all three hits and walking four. "Charlie pitched extremely well," Hurdle said. "I think the cowboys say, he drew a tough bull today." Pedro Alvarez homered in Mondays loss and is the first Pirate to drive in runs his first five postseason games, and the first since Willie Stargell in 1979 to hit at least three homers in one postseason. Since the beginning of the 2012 season and including these playoffs, Alvarez has crushed Cardinals pitching to the tune of 12 homers and 37 RBI. Pittsburgh won the season series, 10-9, but was just 3-6 in St. Louis. "Weve played them close," Hurdle said. "It has been a very respectful, challenged series." Wednesdays winner will play Los Angeles on Friday in Game 1 of the NLCS. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz