Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
 Signaturen
jokergreen0220 Offline

13.03.2018 06:17
John Tortorellas much-maligned relationship with the media has been a major talking point ever since his hiring in Vancouver. [u Antworten

John Tortorellas much-maligned relationship with the media has been a major talking point ever since his hiring in Vancouver. Custom Memphis Grizzlies Jerseys . The new Canucks head coach was on TSN Drive with Dave Naylor on TSN Radio 1050 and his rapport with the media was once again the hot topic. "No matter if its in Vancouver or wherever, and Im very fortunate for another stop here, when youre told youre no longer wanted as a coach, you end up reflecting and assessing," said Tortorella. "Ive done some pretty stupid things along the way... Im going to try and get some of the stupid things out of the way." Tortorella is going from one hotbed media market, where his relationship with reporters was always contentious, to perhaps an even bigger hotbed media market. "I know the scrutiny and the pressure and the media and I think I need to do a much better job at cultivating a relationship. There will be mistakes along the way but I certainly need to straighten a few things out as we begin this." Its easy to say the right thing at introductory press conferences, but Tortorella says he really has learned from the past, and will be better with the Vancouver media. "Its not so much saying it, I believe it. Listen, Im not going to go out to dinner and hang with the media but I need a working relationship." As the 12-year veteran coach says, hell work to be more amicable, but hell never be buddy-buddy with reporters covering the team. "Its not going to be a love-fest here. I still have a job to do." Reports stated Tortorellas relationship with players in New York was at times as difficult as his relationship with the media. Asked if he cared what players think about him, Tortorella had a definitive answer. "No. I dont think you can as a coach. In Vancouver, I think its one of my biggest jobs to try and get guys to another level. Theyre a good team. They havent gotten to a level to win the Stanley Cup. Its my job to try and push them there." "The way I look at it and the way I introduced myself in the interview was, to get to the next level, I just think there has to be a little bit more stiffness. And the mental part of the game, Im anxious to work on with them." While one of his main tasks may be motivating his players to reach the next level, another big one is dealing with Roberto Luongo and the teams goaltending situation. "I watched it last year from afar and I thought those two players (Luongo and recently-traded Cory Schneider) handled themselves tremendously. It was a really precarious situation." "I have talked to Roberto after the Schneider deal was made and I hope what will help him is that you have new guys coming in as far as a coaching staff." "I think Robertos a hell of a goalie. He isnt a backup... Hes going to be the backbone of our team." According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, Tortorella is looking to fill out his coaching staff by adding former Dallas Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan as an assistant. Jarell Martin Jersey . - The Clippers have signed guard Dahntay Jones to a second 10-day contract. Bryant Reeves Jersey . However, it wasnt a problem on Monday night. Evgeni Nabokov made 23 saves for his 56th career shutout in the New York Islanders 3-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Monday night. http://www.thegrizzliesofficial.com/Authentic-Marc-Gasol-Grizzlies-Jersey/ . TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted on Monday that Hemsky will be going to market as an unrestricted free agent on July 1.HALIFAX - Chances are Matt Dwyers UFC debut Saturday night will go smoother than his last fight.In May, the six-foot-four welterweight from Kelowna, B.C., stopped former UFC fighter DaMarques Johnson in the second round of a bloody Battlefield Fight League main event in Richmond, B.C.Johnsons camp warned Dwyer six weeks out that their fighter wouldnt make 170 pounds. So could they meet at a 175-pound catchweight, without Dwyers BFL title on the line?I thought that was kind of weird, being so far out from the fight, that he couldnt make the extra five pounds but whatever, Dwyer recalled thinking.The week of the fight, Dwyers manager was told Johnson wouldnt be able to make 175 and would pay a penalty for every pound over. Come weigh-in day, Dwyer tipped the scales at 173.9 and Johnson was around 185. He looked pretty drained too so he cut weight to make where he was at, said Dwyer.Dwyer (7-1) was still willing. But the local athletic commission, wary of the weight discrepancy, said it wouldnt allow the fight until he weighed 180.Rather than hit the fridge, he improvised.I threw my jeans on, stuffed my pockets full of cellphones and car keys, just to get the weigh-in over, he said with a laugh. I made the weight.The lanky Dwyer, who usually walks around at 195 pounds, was a little over 180 after rehydrating. Johnson was even bigger and packed a punch, but the fight turned after he was cut by an elbow.It must have hit like a vein or an artery or something because it was leaking pretty good, said Dwyer, a little fuzzy on his physiology.Dwyer kept going, took him down and eventually stopped him. It was his second straight win over a UFC veteran, following a JJanuary TKO over Shonie Carter. Shareef Abdur-Rahim Jersey. n Saturday, the 24-year-old Dwyer takes on Albert (Einstein) Tumenov, a New Jersey-based Russian with a 13-2 record (including 1-1 in the UFC) on a UFC televised card in Halifax.A tough Russian guy, said Dwyer. A bit of a brawler. He likes to throw punches as hard as he can.Dwyer will have a five-inch height advantage on the 22-year-old Einstein, as well as a 3.5-inch edge in reach.Dwyer will become the third fighter from David Leas Toshido MMA in Kelowna to make the UFC, joining Sarah Moras and Rory (Ares) MacDonald.They definitely helped pave the road for me to get here, Dwyer said. They put Kelowna on the map. Its definitely easier to get in when the UFC already know about our gym.MacDonald, who now trains in Montreal, takes on American-based Belgian Tarec (Sponge) Saffiedine in Saturdays main event.Dwyer was supposed to fight Alex Garcia at UFC 176 on Aug. 2 in Los Angeles but the card was cancelled after featherweight champion Jose Aldo pulled out through injury. To help pay for his training, Dwyer headed north to make some money working on the oil rigs.Born in New Westminster, B.C., Dwyer has lived in Kelowna since he was two. He was 17 when he started training in 2007 thanks to his high school rugby coach and vice-principal Mark Steen, who started an MMA program.It was a natural for Dwyer, an avid MMA fan.I pretty much knew how to do an armbar before I was ever in a jiu-jitsu class. Watching it and trying it on your friends.Dwyer, who watched UFC 174 in Vancouver from the stands with Moras, has won five straight while Tumenov has won nine of his last 10.---Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz