Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Anregungen/Fehler/Fragen zum Forum
jin shuiqian0713 Offline

01.08.2018 03:54
The bottom of the Cincinnati batting order is putting the Reds on top. Antworten

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- The bottom of the Cincinnati batting order is putting the Reds on top. Jeremy Hill Jersey . Eighth-place hitter Zack Cozart sent a three-run homer off the left-field foul pole and Kristopher Negron added a two-run shot, lifting the Reds over the Cleveland Indians 8-3 Wednesday night. Cozart, now batting .225, drove in four runs with two hits. On Tuesday night, light-hitting Ramon Santiago launched a three-run homer in a 9-2 victory over Cleveland. "We have to pick up some slack," Cozart said. "We cant depend on the big guys every night." Getting off to a lead is a difference maker," Reds manager Bryan Price said. Mat Latos pitched shutout ball into the eighth inning and chipped in with a hit. Latos (4-3), making his 10th start since opening the season on the disabled list and being activated on June 14, allowed just one runner past second base before Yan Gomes led off Clevelands three-run eighth with his 16th homer. Ryan Raburn chased Latos with a pinch-hit, two-run double. Latos gave up six hits and three runs with two walks and five strikeouts in 7 2-3 innings. Cozart, who hadnt homered since June 1 at Arizona, connected off Danny Salazar (4-5) with two outs in the second. Cozarts third homer of the season was the first allowed by Salazar in five starts since May 15 at Toronto. "It felt good," Cozart said. "It is not only getting hits but extra-base hits. Our pitchers have been pitching so well. We dont want them to go home empty." Negron made it 5-0 with a two-out drive in the fourth. The homer was his third of the season, all since being called up from Triple-A Louisville on July 10. "These guys want badly to succeed. Its good to see their hard work paying off," Price said. Cozart was excited for Negron, too. "Every time he gets a chance to play, he takes advantage of his playing time," said Cozart of Negron, who was taken off the 40-man roster after he had four at-bats in 2012, his only big league experience until now. Salazar lasted four innings while seeing his personal winning streak snapped at a career-high three. He allowed five hits and five runs with five strikeouts. "Overall, he was better than his line score," manager Terry Francona said. "He made two costly mistakes to the bottom of the order." "I didnt throw too many pitches today," Salazar said. "I left a couple of balls a little high. I was trying to throw a slider down-and-away (to Cozart). I just missed my spot." The Reds broke open the game with a three-run seventh that started with Negrons double for his first career three-hit game. Cozart hit an RBI single, Latos followed with a single and Todd Frazier added a two-run double. TRAINERS ROOM Indians: Center fielder Michael Bourn went 0 for 3 with one strikeout in five innings for Double-A Akron in the first game of his rehab assignment on Tuesday. He has been out since July 6 with a left hamstring strain. Reds: Right-handed reliever Logan Ondrusek threw his first long toss and bullpen session since he went on the disabled list on July 22 because of a strained right shoulder. He will throw another bullpen on Friday or Saturday and be reassessed, Price said. UP NEXT Indians: Left-hander T.J. House will become the second straight Cleveland pitcher to face Cincinnati for the first time in his career. The Indians have lost two straight after a four-game winning streak. Reds: Right-hander Homer Bailey will try to even his career record against the Indians at 3-3 in eight starts in Thursdays series finale. The Reds have won seven straight over Cleveland in Cincinnati since a 3-1 loss on July 2, 2011. STAR TURN The Reds introduced the 2015 All-Star Game logo to fans and media. A large version is displayed at the top or the right-field bleachers near the Ohio River. ... The team honoured its four All-Star players -- Alfredo Simon, Johnny Cueto, Aroldis Chapman and Frazier. They were presented with commemorative plaques in a pregame ceremony. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Negron hit his third home run in 15 games since his recall on July 10. He hit three home runs in 75 games at Triple-A Louisville. Troy Niklas Jersey . Kyrie Irving and the Cleveland Cavaliers were left fretting over an MRI on the stars left knee. Paul George scored 21 points, Roy Hibbert added 19 and the Pacers used a dominant fourth quarter to blow out the Cavaliers 91-76 on Tuesday The Pacers (25-5) have won eight in a row over Cleveland, their longest active streak against any opponent. Jordan Matthews Patriots Jersey . Toronto (11-12) gave up leads in 10-8 and 11-4 losses to the Baltimore Orioles this week. It was never close Friday as the Boston Red Sox got to Mark Buehrle early en route to an 8-1 win. http://www.patriotsauthoritystore.com/Authentic-Jeremy-Hill-Patriots-Jersey/ . CEO Steve Koonin on Tuesday told the Hawks flagship radio station that he made the decision to discipline Ferry but allowed him to keep his job managing the team. He did not say what the punishment was, but noted that he relied on a law firms three-month investigation of Ferry and him describing Deng as someone who has a little African in him.MISSISSAUGA, Ont. -- He plays with passion and energy and always has something to say but Brandon Isaac will have a bit more juice than usual Friday night. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats colourful linebacker will face his former Toronto Argonauts teammates for the first time since being released by the CFL club in July. Isaac helped the Double Blue win a Grey Cup title last year and was a team captain to start the season before being let go four games into the season. The four-year CFL veteran will arrive at Rogers Centre with a definite chip on his shoulder in the opening game of a home-and-home series between the long-time rivals. The Argos face the Ticats in Guelph, Ont., on Oct. 14. "I can say you play a little harder, you can say that because youre going to have that grit to win and try to prove those guys wrong," Isaac said candidly. "Ive thought about it (facing the Argos), Ive looked at it a few times (on the calendar). "Its here now and as a team were ready to play and see where were at." Ticats coach Kent Austin, always a model of political correctness when addressing reporters, could only shake his head at Isaacs brutal honesty during Hamiltons pre-game news conference. "Thats not what I wanted to hear," a smiling Austin said, drawing laughter from the assembled media. And asked if Isaac had been watching his news conferences this season, Austin jokingly quipped: "Apparently not." However, Austin said hes not concerned about emotions getting the better of Isaac on the field. "Look, football is an emotional game and youve got to play with your heart but you also have to play with your head," he said. "B.I. brings us . . . the energy, the emotion, the physicality our defence needs. "He handles it the right way." Isaac definitely has the gift of the gab on the field and says hell have plenty to say Friday night. "Theres a couple of things I want to say," he said. "I envision me making certain plays and saying certain things but those plays have to happen for me to say it that way. "Im going to talk and whatever I feel at that moment is the right thing to say Im going to say it." But Toronto receiver/returner Chad Owens (ribs) -- who will be game-time decision -- said the Argos expect to face a motivated and vocal Isaac. "B.I. is a good football player," Owens said. "He tries to get under your skin but were not going to involved in that. "Whether he knows it or not, that energizes both sides of the football, that will get us going. We have to know where hes at, we have to understand what hes doing, when hes blitzing and we also have to worry about what were going to do." The game is an important one for both clubs, who will play their final five regular-season contests against East Division rivals. Toronto (9-4) can clinch a home playoff game with a win and would cement first in the East if the Montreal Alouettes also lose to the Edmonton Eskimos on Saturday. Hamilton (6-7) can close ground on the front-running Argos with a victory and would claim a post-season berth if Edmonton and Winnipeg (which is visiting Calgary) also both lose. "Thats what our season has come down to," Austin ssaid. Jason McCourty Patriots Jersey. . "Its pretty apparent theres good and bad news. "The good news is theyre all Eastern teams, the bad news is theyre all Eastern teams so we have to prepare well because theyre the most meaningful games." Sophomore Zach Collaros makes his sixth straight start for Toronto in place of veteran Ricky Ray, who suffered a shoulder injury against Calgary on Aug. 23. Ray will be the Argos No. 3 quarterback behind Collaros and backup Trevor Harris. "Hes not at 100 per cent, hes probably at 85 per cent strength in his arm but if he has to play, he can," Milanovich said of Ray. "We want to get him out there and used to his pre-game routine and going over the wristband . . . so if its next week or the week after hes ready to start that its not the first time he goes through it." Toronto is 4-1 since Rays injury, becoming the first CFL team ever to win all four games of a four-game road trip in the process,. They rallying from a deficit in each road win. Collaros has been especially impressive in the fourth quarter of those contest, completing 33-of-38 passes for 372 yards and four touchdowns with no interceptions and a stunning 142.5 quarterback rating. "I guess weve executed, Ive thrown better, weve caught it better and done all those things better in the fourth," Collaros said. "I dont really know if their is an answer for that. "We need to find an answer for the first couple of quarters to get it going and not make it so hard on ourselves." Hamilton will have rookie safety Courtney Stephen back in the lineup while former Washington Redskin Brandon Banks will return kicks. "He (Stephen) is going to be a really really good football player in this league for a long time," Austin said. "We had pretty high expectations for him but I think hes developed faster than I thought he would. "Banks is a natural returner . . . hes got a great initial burst. Well see come gametime but what Ive seen in practice is what Ive seen on his tape and thats a guy who has good vision and runs with vision, not just with speed." Friday nights game will be Torontos first at home since dropping a lacklustre 20-9 decision to Montreal on Sept. 9, the first game after Ray was injured. "Im very excited to be back home," Milanovich said. "Just playing in our stadium and not having to concern yourself with weather and some of the decisions you have to make from a head coachs perspective on the road makes it a little bit cleaner. "It seems like its been a long time since weve gone into that locker-room." Milanovich downplayed the significance of Torontos record-setting road trip, suggesting it was a first because clubs dont often play four straight games from home. Of more importance, he said, was the Argos pulling together to find ways to win in hostile environments. But Austin said Toronto deserves to be in the discussion about which are the CFLs top teams. "Theyre a good football team, theyre well coached, they play well together and they believe in one another," he said. "You can see it, you can see the chemistry . . . Its hard to beat a team that has a high level belief that theyre unbeatable." Cheap Jerseys Store Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Black Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz