Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Anregungen/Fehler/Fragen zum Forum
jin shuiqian0713 Offline

28.07.2018 04:02
Fred Couples won the Champions Tours season-ending Charles Schwab Cu Antworten

Fred Couples won the Champions Tours season-ending Charles Schwab Cup Championship on Sunday, and Kenny Perry topped the yearlong points race to earn a $1 million annuity. Tim Duncan Jersey . Couples ended a 16-event winless streak dating to the Senior British Open in July 2012, closing with a 2-under 69 for a six-stroke victory over Bernhard Langer, Peter Senior and Mark OMeara. The Hall of Famer has nine victories in four seasons on the 50-and-over tour after winning 15 times on the PGA Tour. "Its great to win. It seems like four years ago," Couples said. "Now I have 60 days to lose all my momentum." After playing 15 events on the Champions Tour this year and finishing third in the points race, Couples indicated he was going to play at least two or three more events next year and take a shot at winning the Charles Schwab Cup. His points finish earned him a bonus $300,000 annuity. "This tour, to win the Schwab Cup, Ill play a lot and I hope to play well," Couples said. Id like to have the kind of year Kenny had. The goal is to win the Cup. The goal is to play." Couples finished at 17-under 267 at TPC Harding Park. "This year, I wouldnt call it a waste, but it was a waste as far as not winning," he said. "This week was different. I did not miss many shots. I got the lead and I kept it. Im not a fierce competitor but I love the competition. Just winning, even if its a club championship, youre thrilled." Langer, second behind Perry in the Charles Schwab Cup standings, shot a 67. Senior had a 69, and OMeara closed with a double bogey for a 70. Perry had a 68 to tie for fifth at 10 under. He led the tour with three victories, taking the Senior Players Championship and U.S. Senior Open in consecutive tour starts and winning the AT&T Championship last week in San Antonio. "Its been a magical season," said Perry, who was accompanied by his wife, three daughters, their husbands and a couple of grandchildren. "This is my highest accomplishment. Ive been close to winning a major on the PGA Tour and to finally win a few this year, its the things dreams are made of." Perry, who took over the points lead in July, joked all week about how he had a 29-1 chance of winning the points race. Langer needed to win the tournament and have Perry finish outside the top five to win. "Im thinking Ive got to play," Perry said. "All year my head was everywhere and I was trying to focus. But the dream came true. I was, probably, playing the best golf Ive ever played. I cant wait to go out and celebrate with my family." Couples earned $440,000 and finished fourth on the Champions Tour money list with $1,706,812. Langer topped the money list with $2,448,428, and Perry was second at $2,241,188. "Fred played very well," OMeara said. "He did what he had to do. Its not easy with the lead. He drove the ball pretty darn good and he putted pretty well and thats what it takes." Cutting his teeth on a public course in Seattle, Couples said TPC Harding Park, which will undergo an extensive renovation on the greens, always was a special place for him. "Ive said it all week. Its Harding Park. This is a tremendous golf course," he said. "It doesnt seem really hard but if you miss the ball in the wrong spot, or miss the green, it can play really hard. Its one of my all-time favourites." LaMarcus Aldridge Spurs Jersey .The Williams siblings, with 25 Grand Slam titles between them, will have a couple of Madisons joining them, too.Madison Keys had a 6-4, 7-5 upset win over two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova on Saturday night, and Madison Brengle beat Coco Vandeweghe 6-3, 6-2 in an all-U. Sean Elliott Jersey . -- The Atlanta Braves added to their extensive wave of long-term deals with their young stars on Sunday by agreeing to a $42 million, four-year contract with All-Star closer Craig Kimbrel. http://www.authenticspursauthority.com/david-robinson-spurs-jersey-c-14/ . -- C.J. Wilson parked his car and laughed while signing autographs for faceless fans who handed bats, balls and cards to the pitcher from the other side of a brick wall.On the eve of the 85th All-Star game at Target Field in Minneapolis, I was digging around in my basement and came across a complete copy of the Toronto Star from July 10, 1991. That was the day after the Blue Jays hosted their one and only All -Star Classic at what was then Skydome. I have so many memories of that week, but really just a fragment of what came flooding back when I re-read that edition of the Star. I was fortunate to be able to work the National League dugout during the "Legends" game on the Monday afternoon, so I was right there when Bill Mazeroski -- the man who hit the first World Series winning walk-off homer vs the Yankees in 1960 -- hit a shot to left in this game 31 years later. To speak with him right after this homerun was one of the greatest thrills Ive ever had as a broadcaster. Then there was the incredible display of power hitting Cal Ripken Jr. put on in the homerun derby. He smashed 12 homers and including a number of titanic shots that wowed the crowd. Cal wasnt done there, though. In the bottom of the third on Tuesday night, he slugged the game-winning three run homer off the Expos; Dennis Martinez. That would ultimately propel the American League to a 4-2 victory in the 62nd All-Star game and made Ripken the games MVP. By a twist of fate, the Blue Jays Jimmy Key got the win. In the second inning, the Twins Jack Morris (a Blue Jay a year later) got hit on the foot with a line drive through the box. He left the game after the second and fortunately for him and the Twins, who would go on to win the World Series that year, Morris suffered

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz