Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
 Regeln
zhanjiao1212 Offline

27.07.2018 10:19
from the Cincinnati Royals, leading to a dominant 1970-71 season. They finished with a 66-16 record and swept Baltimore in the Antworten

SURREY, B. Karri Ramo Jersey .C. -- Khalif Mitchell didnt leave a lot of friends behind when the B.C. Lions traded him to the Toronto Argonauts prior to last season. The controversial defensive lineman had been a dominant force in helping the Lions to a 2011 Grey Cup victory, but the following campaign was marked by a number of troubling incidents on and off the field that resulted in both fines and suspensions. "Good riddance!!!!" tweeted running back Andrew Harris following the April 2013 deal with the Argonauts was announced. But after Mitchell was released this past off-season by Toronto to pursue NFL opportunities that never materialized, the Lions jumped at the chance to bring the hulking 29-year-old with a unique skill set back into the fold by signing him to a contract on Tuesday. Despite the baggage Mitchell left behind in Vancouver, Lions general manager Wally Buono said players, coaches and management agreed he deserved another shot with the club. "Once we got into it, everybody felt it was the right thing to do," said Buono, whose team will host the Grey Cup. "When you look at trying to improve this football club, Khalif is an outstanding football player and from our point of view we wanted to move forward and we wanted to build a championship team for 2014. "If I felt I had to convince (players and coaches) then I wouldnt move forward. This was not a matter of me imposing what I wanted. This was an opportunity." The six-foot-six, 315-pound Mitchell, who met the media at the Lions suburban practice facility on Tuesday, said he grew up a lot during his time in Toronto and understands why some of his former teammates felt the way they did when he left B.C. "I dont believe that anybodys words were going to be kind when I left," he said. "I didnt leave on kind terms." An all-star in both 2011 and 2013, Mitchell has 86 tackles and 13 sacks in four CFL seasons. What those numbers dont show is how much he influences the game from the interior of the defensive line, often occupying two and three blockers to free up teammates. "Weve done five camps in the United States looking for another Khalif Mitchell and theyre not out there," said Buono, adding that Mitchell has matured a lot in the last year. "For us, when hes here in our backyard, when hes willing to make a commitment to come play for the B.C. Lions ... to me, I thought that was something worthwhile." For his part, the eccentric Mitchell downplayed any hard feelings that might linger from his first stint with the Lions. "This is a place that was my house. (If) youve got trash in your house, you just take it out. Its not something as complicated as the media might make it seem," he said. "Its very simple. Its trash. You take it out." The Virginia Beach, Va., native had 33 tackles and six sacks with the Lions in 2011, and had another outstanding campaign with the Argonauts in 2013, registering 32 tackles and five sacks. "Its exciting to be back. Its a place I call home. Its a place that I have a lot of fond memories of," said Mitchell. "When I look around I see a lot of Grey Cup pictures and stuff ... all of a sudden I get a lot of memories and a lot of butterflies." Despite those warm feelings, its that 2012 season that often comes to mind when Mitchells name is mentioned. He was suspended for two games by the CFL for violently hyper-extending the arm of an opponent that July before being fined an unspecified amount by the league for making multiple throat-slashing gestures in another game. Mitchell was then fined and suspended again for violating the CFLs social media policy after using a racial slur on Twitter. "Theres a risk with everybody you sign, whether its a player, a coach, a staff member," said Buono. "Theres always risks and thats part of what makes this job and life exciting. "We all grow with our experiences. Ive had experiences that I regret ... Ive gotten better for it." The move to sign Mitchell would appear to immediately improve a Lions defensive line that surrendered the second fewest rushing yards per game (94.4) in 2013, but allowed the second most rushing touchdowns (17) and recorded the third fewest sacks (45). "Im not sure that when Khalif is on his game theres too many people (as dominant)," said Buono. "A man of his size, with his athleticism and his power, they dont come around every day. In 2011, why did we win a Grey Cup? A lot of it had to do with the guys up front. "I believe today that Khalif Mitchell is a better football player than he was in 2011." With the Grey Cup set to be played at B.C. Place Stadium in November, the Lions were relatively quiet this off-season, losing a number of veterans through trade, free agency and retirement. They got a big one back on Tuesday and he seems eager to make an impact. "I was looking for a team to go ahead and win a championship with," said Mitchell. "Wally Buono went to go look for players to help put together a team to win a championship with. "We met somewhere along the path and thats how were here today." Note: The Lions made another move Tuesday, releasing defensive back Lin-J Shell. Joe Nieuwendyk Jersey . Theres little time for rest, too. The Flyers and Rangers play again Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden. Simmonds scored in the first period and twice more in the second for his first career post-season hat trick. Mason survived a busy first period and stopping 31 straight shots until Carl Hagelin scored late in the third. Tanner Glass Jersey . - The New York Rangers have momentum, a unified locker room and Henrik Lundqvist. http://www.jerseyofficialhockeyflames.com/devin-setoguchi-hockey-jersey/ . The 28-year-old lefty made his MLB debut in 2013, making 10 starts and going 2-5 with 4.05 ERA and 1.18 WHIP. Albers was named the Twins organizations minor league pitcher of the year for 2013.MILWAUKEE -- NBA Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is interested in returning in some capacity to the Milwaukee Bucks. "If I get a call, I will definitely offer my services," said Abdul-Jabbar, the franchises career leading scorer with 14,211 points. "Theres nothing on the table right now. A couple of people have asked me and if I had the chance to be part of this franchise again, I would take it." In December, former Sen. Herb Kohl announced he would seek minority investors in the team, which he has owned since 1985. The franchise is at something of a crossroads, struggling to draw large crowds to an aging building. The Bucks beat Utah 114-88 on Monday, but have the leagues worst record at 12-47. Still, Abdul-Jabbar sees Milwaukee as a viable NBA market. "They have to get their business model right," Abdul-Jabbar said Monday. "I hope that the Bucks are able to sort it all out and get on a good footing. You cant win it all unless you get the right players and you cant get the right players unless youre really in a good position as a business." Abdul-Jabbar was in town in part to promote a new tourism ad for the state of Wisconsin that played off his acting role in the movie "Airplane." Over the last few years, Abdul-Jabbar has expressed an interest in returning to the NBA as a coach. Hes worked as a special assistant with teams such as the Clippers aand Lakers. Al MacInnis Jersey. . Abdul-Jabbar -- then Lew Alcindor -- was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1969 NBA draft and immediately turned the Bucks, coming off their expansion season, into contenders. Milwaukee went 56-26 and finished second in the Eastern Division behind Abdul-Jabbars 28.8 points and 14.5 rebounds per game. Not long after the season ended, the Bucks obtained Oscar Robertson from the Cincinnati Royals, leading to a dominant 1970-71 season. They finished with a 66-16 record and swept Baltimore in the NBA Finals, becoming the fastest expansion franchise to win a championship in the history of major professional sports. The Bucks returned to the Finals in 1974, losing to Boston in seven games. Robertson would retire just before the 74-75 season and Abdul-Jabbar quietly requested a trade, looking for a bigger market and the chance to join another contender. "They appreciated that and they appreciated that I kept my mouth shut about it," he said. "I gave them the opportunity to approach other teams and they figured out the best deal they could make for themselves." Abdul-Jabbar got his wish in June 1975, when he was shipped to the Lakers in a deal that included Junior Bridgeman going to Milwaukee. Both players have had their jerseys retired by the franchise. Bridgeman, who was honoured by the team last week, also has been mentioned as a possible investor. Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz