Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Regeln
jokergreen0220 Offline

02.02.2018 07:33
TORONTO -- LeBron James going home to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers led to speculation about whether a star NHL player might Antworten

TORONTO -- LeBron James going home to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers led to speculation about whether a star NHL player might do the same in the near future. Juwan Howard Jersey . Naturally, Steven Stamkos was at the centre of that speculation. The Tampa Bay Lightning captain and Markham, Ont., native could be an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2016, and the allure of playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs could be there. "Well see what happens. Its a couple years away," Stamkos said Wednesday. "Right now Im focused on what I have to do to win in Tampa, and I think weve really established ourselves as a team that can compete in upcoming years. "For me, thats the important thing is getting a chance to win. It looks like were going to have that chance for a couple years." At the age of 24, Stamkos is one of the most marketable stars in the NHL. He has topped 50 goals in a season twice already and only missed out on representing Canada at the Sochi Olympics because of a broken leg. Stamkos made a run with the Lightning to the Eastern Conference final in 2011, and Tampa Bay was swept by the Montreal Canadiens in this years playoffs. The Stanley Cup is his priority now, something he can legitimately think about with general manager Steve Yzerman piecing together one of the best young teams in the league. "We have a good thing going down in Tampa," Stamkos said at a Coca-Cola ball-hockey promotional event. "We have a great owner, we got a great GM in Steve Yzerman and we got a good young team. I want to win, and hopefully I can do it in Tampa." Stamkos said with the additions of centre Brian Boyle and defenceman Anton Stralman and the re-signing of winger Ryan Callahan, the Lightning are probably better on paper than they were at the end of last season. "We didnt have the finish we wanted to last year, but with the new faces coming in, the expectations are probably set a little higher," he said. Stamkos said chatter about joining the Leafs in two years was "absolutely not" a distraction for him in Tampa, where hell begin his first full season as captain this fall. "I try not to focus about that stuff," he said. "I think thats the great thing about playing in Tampa is hockey isnt the mecca that it is here in Toronto and you can kind of go about your life and kind of get away from the game when you need to." That said, Stamkos added that he loves playing in good hockey markets, including Toronto. "Im from around here and grew up cheering for the Leafs, so any time I get a chance to come back here I enjoy it, and any time I get a chance to play against the Leafs its fun," he said. "Its also fun beating them, too, because a lot of my friends are still Leaf fans." Stamkos is set to make US$13.5 million over the next two seasons. What could be in his not-too-distant future is a contract like the ones Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane signed with the Chicago Blackhawks: $84 million over eight years. "The business part of the game, its growing," Stamkos said. "Obviously the games in good shape, and when that happens the caps going to grow and players are going to get paid more money. Those guys deserve it: Theyre great players in this league, theyve won championships. "Thats the goal for me is to win a championship. You let your play take care of itself on the ice and when its time to re-sign or sign a contract, you back it up with your play." When James left the Miami Heat for the Cavaliers earlier this month, the chance to return to his native Ohio was cited as a prominent reason. James won two NBA titles during his time with the Heat. "He won his championships, he said he always wanted to come home and play, thats where it started," Stamkos said. "Good for him for making that decision." Otto Porter Jersey . -- Los Angeles Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton will be sidelined for at least two weeks because of a strained calf muscle, and pitcher C. Markieff Morris Jersey . Helwani said that Weidman has been dealing with recurring swelling and pain in his knees related to torn meniscus he suffered as a teenager and the problems came to a head last week when he suffered prolonged swelling and pain in his left knee, resulting in the decision to undergo an arthroscopic scope procedure to clean up the tear in both knees. http://www.authenticbasketballshopwizards.com/michael-jordan-wizards-jersey/ .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6.Lexington, KY (SportsNetwork.com) - Devin Booker and Willie Cauley-Stein each scored 15 points as top-ranked Kentucky remained undefeated with an 84-70 victory over No. 21 North Carolina. Aaron Harrison added 14 points and the Wildcats shot 56.3 percent from the floor in a performance far more impressive then Wednesdays lethargic 10-point home win over heavy underdog Columbia. Kentucky (11-0) also asserted itself on the defensive end, forcing 18 Tar Heel turnovers that it converted into 24 points, and was never seriously threatened for the majority of this high-profile battle of basketball blue bloods. Brice Johnson led North Carolina (6-3) with 15 points, though most of that total came the games early stages. Marcus Paige finished with 14 points in the loss. The Tar Heels entered Saturdays showdown fifth nationally in field goal percentage defense, but Kentucky scored at will all throughout a fast-paced first half to build a commanding 49-34 lead at the break. Johnson kept the Tar Heels in it early on by tallying 12 points on 6-on-7 shooting over the games first 12 1/2 minutes, including four during an 11-3 run that brought UNC within 22-19 with 11:29 left in the opening period. However, he picked up his second foul with just over eight minutes to go in the frame and went to the bench shortly thereafter, and Kentucky dominated the remainder of the half. The Wildcats outscored UNC 15-7 during the final 6 1/2 minutes of the stanza, highlighted by three straight treys ffrom Harrison that accounted for Kentuckys 15-point advantage at intermission. Washington Wizards Jerseys. Kentucky went 6-for-12 as a team from 3-point range over the initial 20 minutes, while making 13-of-17 free throws as well with several Tar Heel players saddled with foul trouble. The Wildcats maintained a double-digit lead until an 11-2 UNC run, capped by Theo Pinsons 3-pointer with 10:22 remaining, cut the margin to 66-57. It was a 70-60 game after Paige knocked down a trey with 8:08 to go, but the Tar Heels went more than four minutes without a basket as Kentucky pulled away. Andrew Harrison fed Marcus Lee for an emphatic dunk on the ensuing possession, and Cauley-Stein threw down two slams shortly afterward as part of a 10-2 stretch that gave the Wildcats an 80-62 cushion with four minutes left. Game Notes The game featured two of the three winningest programs in Division I history, with Kentuckys 2,150 victories the most all-time and Carolina third with 2,120 ... Freshman Trey Lyles made his first career start for Kentucky in place of Alex Poythress, who tore his ACL in practice on Thursday ... Booker returned after sitting out the Columbia game with a sore knee. Teammate Tyler Ulis also played after missing the Wildcats last two outings due to illness and dished out a career-best eight assists... North Carolina shot 53.6 percent in the first half but went just 12-of-32 (37.5 percent) from the field in the second. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Regeln »»
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz