Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 Anregungen/Fehler/Fragen zum Forum
jokergreen0220 Offline

09.05.2018 11:25
CHICAGO -- Devin Mesoraco was hit by a pitch twice, in addition to the usual nicks that go along with being a catcher. [url=http Antworten

CHICAGO -- Devin Mesoraco was hit by a pitch twice, in addition to the usual nicks that go along with being a catcher. Deion Jones Jersey . He had a bag of ice on his right wrist and another on his left knee when he sat down for a well-deserved postgame meal. One sweet swing and another big win, and it was easy to forget about one painful night. Mesoraco homered for the fourth straight game, connecting for a two-out grand slam in Cincinnatis five-run ninth, and the Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 6-1 on Monday for their third straight win. "Youre going to get beat up back there," said Mesoraco, shrugging off all the bumps and bruises. "Thats why I get more days off than everybody else." Mesoraco drove a 1-0 pitch from Hector Rondon (1-2) into the basket in left-centre for his 13th homer. It was his second grand slam of the season and No. 3 of his career. Billy Hamilton had a tiebreaking RBI single earlier in the inning as Cincinnati won for the sixth time in seven games to move above .500 for the first time this season at 38-37. The winning sequence started when Chris Heisey reached on a pinch-hit single with two outs and no one on base, snapping an 0-for-16 rut. "It was all set up by Chris Heisey fighting his way into that soft single and stealing second base," Reds manager Bryan Price said. It was the first homer allowed by Rondon since Aug. 1. "Not the way you kind of draw it out. We tried to let him work his way through it," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "Obviously it didnt work out." Jonathan Broxton (3-0) pitched a perfect eighth and Logan Ondrusek got three outs, helping the Reds improve to 30-11 against the Cubs over the last three seasons. Anthony Rizzo hit his 16th homer for the Cubs, who have lost three in a row. Jeff Samardzija struck out seven while pitching six innings of one-run ball. "All in all, I felt good, just needed a little improvement there early," Samardzija said. The Reds got off to a fast start behind Hamilton, who led off the game with a grounder just past second baseman Darwin Barney. The bouncer died in the grass in short right field and the speedy rookie hustled into second with a double, extending his hitting streak to 11 games. Todd Frazier followed with a drive into the gap in right-centre for an RBI triple. But Samardzija buckled down and kept Frazier at third, retiring Jay Bruce and Ryan Ludwick after he hit Mesoraco for the first time with one down. Chicago wasted a prime scoring chance in the fourth. Rizzo reached on a leadoff single before Starlin Castro doubled into the left field corner, putting runners on second and third. Alfredo Simon then retired three straight to preserve Cincinnatis 1-0 lead. Luis Valbuena flied out to medium right field, Welington Castillo hit a comebacker to the mound and Ryan Sweeney lined out to left. "I just tried to make my pitches the best I can, and everything was good," Simon said. The Cubs also wasted a leadoff double by Barney in the third. Samardzija broke his bat over his left knee after he popped up a sacrifice attempt. Simon allowed one run and five hits in seven innings. He struck out five and walked one. Frazier finished with three hits and Mesoraco reached five times. He also walked twice before he connected in the ninth. "I felt good the first time that I was here. I felt good coming into this series," Mesoraco said. "You just try to ride them out as long as you can." NOTES: Reds 2B Brandon Phillips (bruised right heel) got the night off. Price said Phillips is day to day. ... Renteria said they are working on finalizing the starting pitchers for Saturdays doubleheader against Washington. ... Cubs RHP Jake Arrieta (3-1, 1.98 ERA) will face RHP Homer Bailey (7-3, 4.68 ERA) in the second game of the three-game series Tuesday night. Arrieta is 2-0 with a sparkling 0.73 ERA in four starts this month. ... Sting led the crowd in the singing of "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during the seventh-inning stretch. Derrick Shelby Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Levine Toilolo Jersey . Ted Ligety, Mikaela Shiffrin, Bode Miller and Tim Jitloff underlined the squads enormous potential on the Rettenbach glacier in Austria. http://www.falconsapparelsshop.com/ra-shede-hageman-falcons-jersey-c-47/ . General manager David Poile called signing Ribeiro a great opportunity to add a talented, experienced and creative centre Tuesday when he introduced the veteran at a news conference. Ribeiros contract is worth $1.05 million after being bought out of the final three years of a $22 million contract by the Coyotes recently.GLENDALE, Ariz. - A late-game interception by defensive back Malcolm Butler saved the Super Bowl for the New England Patriots.That the pass was thrown at all might haunt Seattle coach Pete Carroll.A quick rundown of the play that clinched Sundays Super Bowl, won by the Patriots 28-24:___THE SETUPThe Patriots took a 28-24 lead when Patriots quarterback Tom Brady hit Julian Edelman on a 3-yard touchdown pass with 2:02 left.The Seahawks started the next drive at their 20-yard line and moved 75 yards in five plays. Jermaine Kearse had one of the greatest catches in Super Bowl history during the drive, juggling the ball before hauling it in while on his back.Kearses 33-yard grab put the Seahawks on the 5 with 1:06 left, seemingly plenty of time to go in for the winning score.___THE PLAYSeattle ran another play after Kearses catch, reaching the 1 on a run by Marshawn Lynch.The Seahawks still had 26 seconds left, but instead of running again, Carroll called for a pass.The play was supposed to be quick-hitting, with Ricardo Lockette ducking inside Kearse to interrupt New Englands coverage.Butler reaacted quickly, though, going around Kearse and teammate Brandon Browner to reach the ball at the same time as Lockette. Dontari Poe Jersey. Butler ran into Lockette around the goal line and came up with the ball, falling forward after making the interception.___THE DECISIONCarroll has been known as a gambler and he rolled the dice with success at the end of the first half, calling for a pass play with 6 seconds left that led to a touchdown.With the Seahawks seemingly in position to win their second straight Super Bowl, Carroll took another risk by deciding to throw the ball instead of running.Seattle had some success running the ball and Lynch, who ran for 102 yards on 24 carries, is one of the NFLs toughest running backs to tackle.Lynch gained four yards on the play after Kearses spectacular catch and the Seahawks still had 26 seconds left, enough time to run the ball at least twice more.Instead, Carroll called for a pass and Butler picked it off to seal the Patriots fourth Super Bowl title.For it to come down to a play like that, I hate that we have to live with that, Carroll said. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys 2019 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz