Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 News
liny195 Offline

05.11.2019 08:20
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Frank Reich made it perfectly Antworten

clear to everyone he would be aggressive when the Indianapolis Colts hired him in February.On Sunday https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Henry-Anderson-Jersey , his boldness proved costly.Instead of punting on fourth-and-4 from his own 43-yard line and settling for a tie, Reich called for a short, seemingly safe pass from Andrew Luck to Chester Rogers. But Luck’s pass bounced short, the Texans got a 24-yard completion on the next play and Ka’imi Fairbairn made a 37-yard field goal as time expired to give the Houston Texans a 37-34 overtime victory.Nobody in the Colts’ locker room was second-guessing the decision, though.“I loved it,” Luck said. “We had a discussion before the play and I agreed, so it had my stamp of approval. We did not execute well enough. I did not get the ball to Chester to make the play and I’m sick about it. After all the mistakes we made, we still had a chance to make the play and we didn’t get it done.”The Colts (1-3) certainly had chances all afternoon.After a mostly dismal first half, Luck couldn’t convert on a 2-point conversion attempt with 7:41 left in regulation, on the Hail Mary attempt on the final play of regulation or on a third-down play that forced Indy to settle for a go-ahead field with 6 minutes left in overtime.The defense couldn’t prevent the Texans from setting up a 40-yard field goal with 2:58 left in regulation, a 59-yard field goal attempt in the final seconds of regulation, a 29-yard field goal to tie the score at 34 with 1:50 left in overtime or, of course, the winning kick as time expired.Yes, Reich would have changed one thing if he had to do it over again — he wouldn’t have asked Luck to line up and attempt to draw the Texans (1-3) offside before calling a timeout. He would have gone for it right away.But the failed fourth-down call wasn’t the only problem Sunday.Houston’s first score came on Jadeveon Clowney’s fumble recovery in the end zone when center Ryan Kelly appeared to think Luck was under center rather than in the shotgun, and Fairbairn actually missed the first attempt at the winning kick — but right after Reich called timeout.The Texans (1-3) took advantage of it. But Reich gained the respect of players on both sides for his unconventional move.“I respect their decision to go for the win, not a tie,” Texans defensive end J.J. Watt said. “You play to win Joe Haeg Jersey , you don’t play to tie.”Colts kicker Adam Vinatieri concurred.After becoming the league’s career leader on a 42-yard field goal with 2 seconds left in the first half and giving Indy a 34-31 lead with a 44-yarder in overtime for No. 567, he wanted one more shot to win the milestone game. He never got another chance after the incompletion, spoiling the celebration.“I love the call,” Vinatieri said. “I love the fourth-down call to go for the win, I really do — I love it. We just have to make the play. The teams that win games make those plays.”This season, the Colts have not made those plays.They lost to Cincinnati in the season opener when Pro Bowl tight end Jack Doyle fumbled as the Colts were driving for a go-ahead score with less than 2 minutes left. They lost last week at Super Bowl champion Philadelphia when Luck was sacked on fourth-and-goal in the final 2 minutes. On Sunday, with their top receiver T.Y. Hilton on the sideline with an injured hamstring, Reich made the call and came up short when the defense allowed Houston to move into scoring position on its fourth consecutive series.But the confidence Reich showed in both his offense and by defense by going for it just might produce some long-term wins.“We are not going to be shy, we aren’t going to be afraid to go for it,” Kelly said. “I think it just goes to show you he has the trust in the playmakers on this team, and no matter who is in there they need to do their job. I got to give it to him.” NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Indianapolis Colts have Andrew Luck healthy and throwing the ball all over the field.That’s more than enough with an injured Marcus Mariota stuck watching from the Tennessee sideline.Luck threw for 285 yards and three touchdowns and the Colts beat the Titans 33-17 on Sunday night for the final spot in the postseason as the AFC’s No. 6 seed.With the Texans winning the AFC South title earlier Sunday with a victory over Jacksonville, that left the Colts and Titans playing for the second wild-card berth and a visit to Houston on Saturday.“It’s been a lot of fun,” Luck said. “It’s been a journey, that’s for sure. I think what this team is doing is enjoying the journey.”Luck remained perfect against Tennessee, notching his 11th victory for the most wins by a quarterback since at least 1970 to win his first 11 starts against one franchise. He helped the Colts (10-6) — under first-year coach Frank Reich — end their postseason drought by winning for the ninth time in 10 games after a 1-5 start.“I mean you’re 1-5, and that’s special,” Reich said. “It not only takes the whole team for 10 weeks John Simon Color Rush Jersey , so that’s very special.”The Titans (9-7) snapped a four-game winning streak with Mariota sidelined by neck and foot injuries. They missed a second straight playoff berth under first-year coach Mike Vrabel.“We made a decision that Marcus wasn’t going to play tonight,” said Vrabel, who gave no details on when the decision not to start Mariota was made nor the seriousness of his injury. “We’ll continue to evaluate him and try to worry about his health and every one of those guys’ health — Marcus included.”The Colts intercepted two of Blaine Gabbert’s passes in the final 9:05 to finish off their 13th win in the last 15 games in the series.Marlon Mack ran for 119 yards and a TD for the Colts. Adam Vinatieri kicked field goals of 53 and 25 yards. The NFL’s oldest active player missed his final extra point.Derrick Henry, who took the Titans’ first offensive snap out of the wildcat, finished with 93 yards.Tennessee was missing three defensive starters with four-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Jurrell Casey placed on injured reserve Monday and linebacker Brian Orakpo scratched for a third straight game. That left the Titans unable to pressure Luck even with the Colts missing center Ryan Kelly because of a neck injury.And Luck simply shredded a Tennessee defense that came in as the NFL’s No. 2 scoring defense giving up just 18 points a game and sixth against the pass.He drove the Colts 92 yards before hitting Dontrelle Inman with an 11-yard TD pass and finished off a 90-play drive that used up nearly 10 minutes with a 9-yard pass to Eric Ebron. That left the Colts up 14-0, having held the ball for nearly 17 of the first 21 minutes.Luck also added a 1-yard TD toss to Ryan Hewitt on the opening drive of the third quarter for a 24-10 lead.“The most satisfying thing is to walk in the locker room, look at your teammate and say, ‘We did it,’ and we did it,” Reich said. “Those are three of the best words that you can ever say to your teammate. To me, that’s really the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.”Titans linebacker Jayon Brown almost singlehandedly kept the Colts from putting the game away before halftime.Brown returned an interception 22 yards for a touchdown in the second quarter. After Adoree Jackson inexplicably grabbed at a bouncing punt that put the Colts at the Tennessee 9, the Colts had a TD run by Mack erased by a holding penalty on center Evan Boehm. Two plays later, Brown stripped Mack of the ball and recovered it.Ryan Succop kicked a 38-yard field goal that pulled Tennessee to 17-10 at halftime. Gabbert threw a 22-yard TD pass to Luke Stocker to pull the Titans to 24-17 late in the third quarter.100<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button> Gallery:View from the sidelines: NFL cheerleaders 2018Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports | Raj MehtaINJURIESThe already banged-up Titans had tight end Luke Stocker leave with an injured knee early in the second quarter followed by receiver Tajae Sharpe being helped to the sideline with an ankle. Stocker returned. Sharpe didn’t.Colts defensive end Tyquan Lewis hurt his knee late in the first half and did not return. Colts receiver Ryan Grant hurt a toe.FLYING FLAGSThe Colts would have won by a bigger margin if not for penalties that wiped out not one, but two touchdowns. They at least salvaged a Vinatieri field goal after Jordan Wilkins’ TD run in the fourth quarter was erased by a formation penalty. The Colt were flagged 12 times for 96 yards. The Titans, who came in as the NFL’s least penalized team, finished with nine penalties for 75 yards.UP NEXT:Colts: Wild-card game in Houston on Saturday.Titans: Try to get Mariota healthy and find a better backup.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz