Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 Regeln
elaine95 Offline

24.10.2019 09:43
as Houston outgained Tennessee 437-283 in t Antworten

SEATTLE (AP) — Part of the Seattle Seahawks‘ mantra with Pete Carroll in charge is every week is important Iman Marshall Jersey , every game has the same significance.Carroll may be correct in his approach, but in reality there is very little importance for the playoff-bound Seahawks hosting the Arizona Cardinals in the regular-season finale Sunday. Seattle (9-6) already has its playoff spot wrapped up. A victory would get Seattle to 10 wins for the sixth time in Carroll’s tenure and ensure the Seahawks are the No. 5 seed in the NFC, setting up a wild-card round matchup at Dallas.Getting rest for a number of injured players or those that have seen a heavy workload may be part of the equation in how Carroll handles Week 17. But don’t expect to just be seeing backups.Article continues below ...“Every game that we’ve ever played has always been the same in that we’re trying to give everything that we have to get the kind of performance that gives us a chance to be as good as we can possibly be,” Carroll said. “I know you hear it all the time, but that’s what they keep getting pounded with and I have never backed off of that, and we’re not starting now.”There have only been a handful of meaningless games in the standings for Seattle in Carroll’s tenure, but the matchup with Arizona has toqualify. Carroll’s belief in the importance of each week means he doesn’t want to see a step back from last week’s win over Kansas City and then try to restart that momentum for the playoffs.But Seattle is facing some injury concerns — especially on the offensive line — and could afford giving some players a brief respite to make sure they’re closer to being healthy for the playoffs.“Whatever I can do to help the team win I’m here to do it,” Seattle running back Chris Carson said. “If they want me to play, I’ll play. If they don’t want me to play — I always want to be out there — but whatever they want me to do.”An Arizona loss will clinch the top pick in the 2019 draft for the Cardinals (3-12) and may spell an end to Steve Wilks’tenure as head coach. It’s been an underwhelming season for the Cardinals and the struggles have led to plenty of rumors that Wilks will only last one season.There’s also the question whether Sunday will be Larry Fitzgerald’s finale after 15 standout seasons.“I think the biggest thing is we’ve got to compete,” Wilks said. “We’ve got to finish with a sense of pride. I’m relying and leaning on our veteran leadership this week because we’ve won up there.”Here’s what else to watch for:FITZ FINALE?This could be the last time Seahawks fans will see Fitzgerald.The 35-year-old wide receiver is wrapping up what has been a very difficult season. He’s the only veteran in a very thin wide receivers room and is part of an offense that has ranked at the bottom of the NFL overall and in passing.Still, his personal statistics aren’t awful http://www.ravenscheapstores.com/trace-mcsorley-jersey-cheap , just low by his lofty standards: 65 catches, 698 yards, five touchdowns. He’s caught a pass in 226 consecutive games. Last week, he became the oldest wide receiver to throw a TD pass, a 32-yarder to David Johnson. With 14 yards receiving, he would have 2,000 career receiving yards against the Seahawks. It would be the third opponent that he’s topped 2,000 yards against (Rams, 49ers).This will be his 234th game with Arizona, tying the franchise held by kicker Jim Bakken (1962-78). Fitzgerald hasn’t said whether this is his final season.CARSON’S BREAKThis might be a good week to get Seattle’s leading rusher a breather. Carson became the first Seattle running back to rush for 1,000 yards since 2014 when he gained 116 yards and two touchdowns last week against Kansas City. But he’s had 71 carries in the past three games after having 79 total in the previous five.Seattle is hopeful rookie Rashaad Penny will be back from a knee injury David Montgomery Jersey , and veteran Mike Davis rushed for 101 yards vs. Arizona earlier this season.NO DEFENSEThe Seahawks have been running the ball like crazy. The Cardinals haven’t been stopping anyone on the ground. That could be good news for whoever Seattle plugs in to the backfield. Two weeks ago against Atlanta, one of the worst rushing teams in the league, the Cardinals allowed 215 yards, the most they’d given up. The following week, the Rams rushed for 269 against Arizona with Todd Gurley a spectator.Asked if this bad run defense was getting under his skin, Wilks said it’s worse than that. “It’s a virus,” he said.NO TURNOVERSIf Seattle can avoid any turnovers in Week 17 it would match the 2010 New England Patriots and 2011 San Francisco 49ers as having the fewest giveaways in a 16-game season with just 10. The Seahawks have thrown six interceptions and lost only fumbles, although they’ve fumbled 18 times total. Seattle has just one turnover in the past five games. Deshaun Watson is back and starting at quarterback. J.J. Watt also is running around on defense along with Whitney Mercilus.Health has yet to translate into victories for the Houston Texans.Watson threw for 310 yards and two touchdowns Sunday, but he made a mistake that absorbed the final 17 seconds in a 20-17 loss to the Tennessee Titans.Watson, who was making his eighth NFL start after missing the last part of his rookie season with a right knee injury, said he should have thrown the ball away instead of running around looking for a receiver. He found DeAndre Hopkins for a 31-yard completion to the Tennessee 21 http://www.bearscheapstores.com/riley-ridley-jersey-cheap , but time expired before the Texans could run another play.“I tried to take a shot,” Watson said. “We didn’t have any timeouts, and they guarded the sideline very well, so my instincts took over and I tried to get the ball and time ran out.”Coach Bill O’Brien said they were trying to get into field goal range.“We’ve got to do a better job of coaching that play up,” O’Brien said.Houston went 4-12 last season. Watson, Watt and Mercilus were among the 22 Texans on injured reserve by the end of the year.The Texans (0-2) lost right tackle Seantrel Henderson with a broken ankle after this season’s opener, but they currently are healthier than they were for a big chunk of 2017.Slow starts hurt Houston in each of its first two games. New England led 21-6 at halftime in the opener, and Tennessee led 14-0 at the end of the first quarter thanks to a fake punt and a little wildcat to help make up for the absence of quarterback Marcus Mariota and its top three offensive tackles.“Can’t put my finger on it,” O’Brien said of the slow starts. “Hopefully, I’ll be able to figure it out soon, but that’s just not good enough.”Will Fuller V returned after missing the opener http://www.cowboyscheapauthenticstore.com/trysten-hill-jersey-cheap , and he caught eight passes for 113 yards and a touchdown. DeAndre Hopkins had 110 yards receiving and a TD. Lamar Miller averaged 4.9 yards a carry as Houston outgained Tennessee 437-283 in total offense.But one drive ended when Watson was intercepted in the end zone on a pass Adoree Jackson took away from DeAndre Hopkins. Ka’imi Fairbairn was short on a 54-yard field goal attempt in the first quarter.Against Tennessee, the Texans played without linebacker Jadeveon Clowney and defensive end Christian Covington because of injuries. The Titans started their backup quarterback in Blaine Gabbert and had Tyler Marz making his NFL debut at right tackle against Watt — the three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year.Houston sacked Gabbert only once while giving up four sacks of Watson. The Texans also managed only two hits on Gabbert.Watt credited the Titans with throwing quickly and using running backs and tight ends to help slow down the Texans’ pass rush. Watt finished with six tackles, including two tackles for loss. He also forced a fumble.“They had a good game plan,” Watt said. “They knew that they had their guys out, so they had a game plan put together that they didn’t need to protect against a pass rush like ours. So you have to give them credit.”They head back to Houston and will host the New York Giants in their home opener.“Right now probably the flood gates are open, everybody has an opinion right now,” Texans cornerback Johnathan Joseph said. “We just have to take it one game at a time. You get one win and all of a sudden everything starts to head in the other direction.”

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz