Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
panxing18 Offline

21.08.2019 03:17
There isn’t enough depth at the offensive tac Antworten

kle position to go around."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomIf the Panthers want to draft an offensive tackle Stitched Graham Gano Jersey , they need to do it earlyNew,19commentsThere isn’t enough depth at the offensive tackle position to go around. ESTShareTweetShareShareIf the Panthers want to draft an offensive tackle, they need to do it earlyJeremy Brevard-USA TODAY SportsThe Carolina Panthers need an offensive tackle. They haven’t had a reliable anchor on either end of the line since Jordan Gross retired. Daryl Williams played well on the right side two years ago and Taylor Moton bettered that last season, but Williams is a free agent and it’s yet to be determined if Moton can handle the left side. Matt Kalil is currently in line to start next season at left tackle, and we know how that goes. The Panthers will probably look to address the position in the draft. If they’re serious about finding a tackle of the future, they’ll have to nab one early. I looked at players selected at or after the Panthers picks in each round in the ten drafts between 2008 and 2017 (I left last season’s rookies out of it). I only looked at the first three rounds of the draft because rounds four through seven tend to be a crap shoot regardless of position. Below is a look at how offensive tackles have panned out compared to the positional average in the first three rounds of the last ten drafts. Note that AV/Year is Pro Football Reference’s Approximate Value divided by the amount of years since the player was drafted. Offensive tackles tend to fare better over the course of their careers than other positions selected in the first and second rounds. Nearly half of the first round tackles taken at or after the 16th pick in the last ten drafts have started at least 75% of their team’s games Youth Wes Horton Jersey , compared to just 30% for other positions. Over half of those tackles have been primary starters for three quarters of their career. Getting a starting caliber offensive tackle in the first round is a pretty sure bet. Guys like Duane Brown, Anthony Castonzo, and Taylor Decker have gone in this range. The second round also has an above average hit rate, but it falls off a cliff in the third round. Joe Barksdale is the only player listed as an offensive tackle to start at least half his team’s games after being selected in the back half of the third round. There are several tackles projected to go in the middle of the first round. Barring an unforeseen fall by a blue chip player, an offensive tackle will likely be the safest pick for the Panthers at No. 16. The Ravens are doing a lot of name calling this week. Safety Eric Weddle referred to Cam Newton a “fast dinosaur” on Wednesday, and Terrell Suggs said the Panthers quarterback is “a superhero.”On Thursday Stitched Wes Horton Jersey , Ravens defensive coordinator Wink Martindale had his own depiction of Newton.“I heard Weddle’s description of him yesterday,” Martindale said, via Jourdan Rodrigue of the Charlotte Observer. “He’s like a guy — which is crazy in the NFL for all of us who have played sports — remember when you were in the fifth or sixth grade, and that guy that had the beard drove to the game? That’s what he’s like as an NFL player. I mean, he really is. We joked around with my wife, and I said Youth J.J. Jansen Jersey , ‘I’ve been watching scary movies all week getting ready for Halloween just watching his tape.’ There’s a reason they call him ‘Superman.’ It’s obviously a huge challenge.”Before the Ravens played the Broncos earlier this season, Martindale compared Denver linebacker Von Miller to LeBron James.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz