Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
panxing18 Offline

21.06.2019 03:07
The World Series has been over for two weeks and t Antworten

he Orioles still don’t have a new boss and a new direction. Today’s stuff: Assessing the outfield Anthony Rendon Jersey , a slashed payroll, and more."Hello, friends.There are now 143 days remaining until the next Orioles game. They will probably end up hiring a new boss of baseball operations by then, although if you’re starting to have your doubts, I don’t blame you.While fans of deep-pocketed teams get to salivate about the possibility of pursuing either Manny Machado or Bryce Harper or both, and fans of contending teams with farm depth can look forward to potentially being players for top available trade talent like Seattle’s James Paxton, fans of the Orioles will get no such excitement.There’s just not going to be any free agent intrigue here. The only trade intrigue will revolve around whether they trade players away - and since everyone left was bad in 2018, which is a big part of why the Orioles were such a bad team this season, that’s not very likely either.Not having a new boss of baseball operations is something to start causing anxiety at this point. The little offseason milestones are coming and going and the O’s have no one in charge. It would be nice to at least feel like, even if the 2019 season is essentially guaranteed to be a lost cause, somebody is up there in charge Daniel Murphy Jersey , trying to put a good vision into action.Perhaps we’ll get that feeling eventually, but the World Series has been over for two weeks now and the Orioles are nowhere. Do you think that this week will be the week that they pick a new person to be in charge?Around the blogO’sphereIf you’ve been diligently looking at the links over the weekend, you may notice some repeats. As you have probably noticed by now, there is not a whole heck of a lot going on in Orioles land right now.How are the Orioles going to address roster needs? (School of Roch)Inspiring sentences of history: “There are lower-tier free agents who absolutely can benefit this club.”Rebuild offers Orioles opportunities to sign higher caliber of minor league free agents this winter (Baltimore Sun)I just don’t think that a higher caliber of minor league free agent - if the Orioles really do sign such players - is going to sell many season ticket plans for 2019.Buck Showalter writes a letter to Baltimore (Baltimore Baseball)Not mentioned in this letter even one time is Dan Duquette.The outfield: A good place to begin for rebuilding O’s (Steve Melewski)The outfield will be a bit more exciting when Trey Mancini starts being listed with the infielders again.As baseball powers focus on competitive balance tax, Orioles payroll puts them on opposite end of spectrum (Baltimore Sun)Counting committed money and arbitration estimates, the Orioles 2019 payroll is currently at about $72 million. That’s less than half of this year’s Opening Day payroll.Birthdays and anniversariesIn 1980, Steve Stone won the Cy Young Award after a season in which he posted a 3.23 ERA over 250.2 innings. This is still the most recent Cy Young winner in franchise history.There are a pair of former Orioles with birthdays today. They are: 2005 regret Sammy Sosa, and the late Don Johnson of the 1955 O’s.Is today your birthday? Happy birthday! Your birthday buddies for today include: suffragist and abolitionist Elizabeth Cady Stanton (1815), actress Grace Kelly (1929), musician Neil Young (1945), gymnast Nadia Comaneci (1961) http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-adams-jersey , and actor Ryan Gosling (1980).On this day in history...In 1555, the Parliament of England passed the Second Statue of Repeal, in which Queen Mary I saw Roman Catholicism re-established in the country even as she maintained her own title of Supreme Head of the Church of England.In 1942, the American and Japanese navies engaged one another in the first day of a three-day Naval Battle of Guadalcanal. The Americans repulsed the Japanese attempt to reinforce Guadalcanal, paving the way for an eventual victory on land on the island.In 1948, the International Military Tribunal for the Far East sentenced General Hideki Tojo and six other Japanese military and government officials to death for war crimes during World War II.In 1969, journalist Seymour Hersh broke the story of another war crime: the My Lai Massacre during the Vietnam War.In 1980, NASA’s Voyager I reached its closest point to Saturn and took the first ever photos of the rings of Saturn.**And that’s the way it is in Birdland on November 12 - or at least, unless something happens later, which it might, because hey Max Scherzer Jersey , they’ve got to hire someone eventually. Have a safe Monday. Stephen Brashear/Getty ImagesHouston Astros closer Roberto Osuna spoke publicly about his domestic violence charge for the first time Wednesday."No one knows what happened but obviously me," Osuna said in an interview with USA Today's Bob Nightengale. "Everybody is quick to judge me and say all kinds of things about it. I'm just waiting for everything to come out so people can really wait to see what happened. I would really like the fans, and everybody else, [to] learn what the media says is not true."In June, MLBsuspendedOsuna for 75 games retroactive to May 8 after he was arrested in Toronto for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend.At the time, Osuna was a member of the Toronto Blue Jays. The Blue Jays traded him to the Astros on July 31.The full detailsof the allegations against Osuna remain unknown. A Toronto-based defense attorney told Nightengale that it's typical under Canadian law to keep that information away from the public until it's revealed in court.Domenic Basile, the lawyer representing Osuna,told reportersearlier this month the 2017 All-Star will plead not guilty to the assault charge. His next court date is scheduled for Sept. 5.Nightengale noted a conviction for Osuna could result in a prison sentence of up to six months and a $5,000 fine.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz