Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Regeln
zhangzk Offline

15.05.2019 04:23
http://www.philliesfanproshop.com Antworten

CHICAGO (AP) — Daniel Palka led off the ninth inning with a home run Jorge Alfaro Jersey , Carlos Rodon matched a career high by throwing eight innings of scoreless four-hit ball and the Chicago White Sox beat the Cleveland Indians 1-0 on Friday night.Palka launched a 1-2 pitch from Neil Ramirez (0-2) six rows up into the left field seats for his 18th homer. The shot ended Chicago’s three-game losing streak.Jace Fry (1-2), the White Sox’s third reliever, got the last two outs for his first major league victory.Rodon and Cleveland rookie Shane Bieber tossed crisp scoreless ball deep into the game. Each was relieved after 106 pitches.Rodon was sharp for a sixth straight start and has a 1.27 ERA in the span. The left-hander struck out five and walked two — both in the first and the only time Rodon allowed two baserunners in an inning — before being replaced by Xavier Cedeno to start the ninth.Rodon allowed doubles with one out to Francisco Lindor in the third and Jose Ramirez in the sixth, but neither advanced.Bieber matched Rodon through 6 2/3 innings, yielding only three hits — including two doubles — while striking out eight and walking two in this first career start against the White Sox. The right-hander was replaced with two outs in the seventh by Oliver PerezThe White Sox managed two baserunners only once against Bieber, in the second with two outs.Yoan Moncada lined a double to the right-center wall to lead off the fifth, but didn’t advance as Bieber struck out Ryan LaMarre and Nicky Delmonico before getting Yolmer Sanchez to fly out.The White Sox used three relievers as they escaped a Cleveland threat in the ninth.Cedeno walked Melky Cabrera to lead off, then Juan Minaya got Brandon Guyer to ground into a force at second. Yonder Alonso greeted Jace Fry with a single, but Fry struck out Jan Gomes and got Jason Kipnis to pop out.AL Central Leading Cleveland is 35-17 against division opponents.TRAINER’S ROOM:Indians: DH Edwin Encarnacion left the game in the third with left arm discomfort and was replaced by Cabrera. .. Manager Terry Francona had no update on OF Leonys Martin, who was placed on the 10-disabled list on Thursday with an unspecified illness that’s not baseball-related. Francona, however, hinted Martin’s condition could be serious. “What I would say, if you are into saying prayers and things like that http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authentic-josh-bell-jersey , keep him in your thoughts,” Francona said. “He’s at the (Cleveland) Clinic and getting good care.” … RHP Josh Tomlin (strained right hamstring) and RHP Nick Goody (right elbow inflammation) threw bullpen sessions in Cleveland on Friday. Tomlin is expected to throw a rehab start at Triple-A Columbus on Monday and Goody will head to the Arizona League for a rehab assignment.White Sox: Manager Rick Renteria said the team will know in the next couple of day if INF/OF Leury Garcia (left hamstring strain) will need a rehab stint. Garcia was injured on Sunday at Tampa Bay.UP NEXT: Indians RHP Trevor Bauer (11-6, 2.25) takes the mound against White Sox RHP James Shields (4-13, 4.50) on Saturday night. Bauer has won his last three starts, and is 4-0 in his last seven with a 1.76 ERA. TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — Brad Ausmus will absolutely get in on the action during his first spring training as Angels manager. He has already caught a couple of bullpens and plans to jump right into more drills along the way to help his players prepare for a fresh season.“I get involved pretty good,” he said. “You might see me standing at a position with a glove on, covering a base or taking groundballs. That will happen.”Ausmus got back behind the plate to catch throwing sessions by Trevor Cahill and Matt Harvey at the Tempe Diablo Stadium complex.“It’s something I like to do. I did it in Detroit,” Ausmus said. “My frame of reference catching all those years was seeing a pitcher from that angle. It’s easier for me to see something in the delivery or the movement of the pitch from that as opposed to from the side or behind.”So, how’d they look?“Good. Think I’d tell you otherwise?” he said with a smile.Cahill figured Ausmus could still catch, then the right-hander let it rip to his manager with 15 two-seam fastballs away. He had never pitched to his manager previously.“I remember watching him growing up,” Cahill said Thursday. “Then he actually got his stuff on, and I was like Sean Rodriguez Jersey , ‘Hey, he’s going to do it, let’s do it.'”The 49-year-old Ausmus, who played 18 major league seasons, is charged with the task of getting the Angels back to the playoffs after a four-year absence and eight out of nine years without a postseason berth. Los Angeles got swept by the Royals in the 2014 AL Division Series.Any pressure as the franchise’s first new manager in nearly two decades with Mike Scioscia’s departure? Scioscia managed 19 major league seasons, wound up with 1,650 career victories and led the wild-card Angels to a World Series title in 2002.“I was in a similar situation in Detroit replacing Jim Leyland. Jim hadn’t been there as long as Sosh was here, but the bottom line is I’ve got to be me and I’ve got to run the camp the way I think the camp should be run,” Ausmus said. “Anything other than that would be seen as kind of fake by the players. So I’m just going to be me. Sosh obviously had a tremendous managerial career, probably of the likes that we will not see again in modern baseball unless something changes. But I can’t be Mike Scioscia.”Not that Ausmus is revealing how he might be different or details about how he will operate spring training.He insists most things aren’t that different from anywhere else around baseball at this time of year.“If you were to take a drone and fly it over all 30 teams, camps would look generally the same. We cover a lot of the same basics, the fundamentals that need to be covered. So I don’t know that I would point to anything specific and even if I knew of some specific things, I probably wouldn’t tell you. I feel like that’s state secrets. But you won’t notice much of a difference.”It helps that Ausmus is already familiar with his roster. He spent last season as special assistant to general manager Billy Eppler following four years as Tigers manager. Ausmus had a 314-342 record in Detroit.“Just in terms of knowing the guys Felipe Vazquez Jersey , with a new manager,” he said. “When I got hired in Detroit I came in and the vast majority of players I was meeting for the first time in spring training. There was a handful I met ahead of time. But the vast majority other than talking to on the phone I hadn’t seen or spoken to. These guys, going all the way down to the minor leagues because I traveled through the minor leagues as well, they’ve at least seen me. And a lot of them I’ve had conversations with, especially at the big league level where I spent most of my year.”His eyes up, Ausmus watches batting practice and takes in other drills early on while also monitoring the action to make sure his players don’t push too hard too soon.Oh, and off the diamond, Japanese two-way star Shohei Ohtani already made a keen observation.“He’s a very good-looking guy,” Ohtani said, then quickly added, “of course Scioscia was good looking, too.”

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz