Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Regeln
liny195 Offline

14.03.2019 07:03
John Mara on Odell Beckham contract: Antworten

“I think the deal makes sense for both of us” New York Giants COO John Mara said Tuesday that the contract agreement the organization reached with Odell Beckham Jr. “makes sense for both of us.” Here is the full text of Mara’s remarks.Q: You’re paying (WR) Odell (Beckham Jr.) a lot of money. What are your expectations for him?A: I think like we said in the release New York Giants Womens T-Shirt , we expect a great season out of him. I’ve had three of those so far, and he’s done everything the right way, starting back in the offseason program. He’s been terrific throughout training camp. I think he’s raring to go.Q: How important was that for him to do all of those things to get this deal done?A: It was important. We wanted him to come in with the right attitude. Obviously, wanted to see if he was healthy. I think he checked both of those boxes. Q: Are you both clear and on the same page about some of the in-game and off-field decisions he’s made? In terms of they won’t be occurring again.A: I think he’s matured quite a bit. I think that stuff hopefully is in the past. I think he’s ready to go on and be the type of player and citizen that we expect him to be, and I think he will be.Q: Was there a specific point this offseason that you changed your mind to allow yourself to give up this much guaranteed money?A: I can’t say there was one specific point. I think it evolved over a period of time. There was an intention to sign him at some point. The only question was, was it going to be this year, or were we going to give him another year to prove himself. But as I said, he came in with the right attitude. His energy level has been off the roof. He’s done everything we’ve asked him to do. We feel good about having him on our team for the next five years. Q: Giving a non-quarterback that type of money, did you have to convince yourself mentally that this is a logical decision to make?A: Not really. I don’t think it’s completely out of line in the wide receiver market. It was pretty apparent that we were going to make him the highest paid wide receiver for now. I think the deal makes sense for both of us.Q: You said you always had intentions of getting this deal done. However, you sounded a little skeptical about it in March. What changed your mind?A: I think a lot of you overreacted to that. You were asking me if anybody is untouchable. There’s nobody that’s untouchable New York Giants Hats , especially when you’re coming off a 3-13. Are we going to listen to phone calls when they come in? Yeah, of course, you’re going to do that. I think it would be irresponsible not to. But, there was always an intention that he’d be a part of this team.Q: Was there ever a point where you thought he might not be on the team because of a trade?A: I said it was a very, very small chance that was not even worth losing sleep over. We wanted him on the team. I think he knew that. We made that pretty clear to him.Q: Can you speak on the role Coach Pat Shurmur played in this? Building a productive relationship with Odell and how that factored into this decision?A: I think that’s a good point. He and Pat, I think, were on the same page from the beginning. Pat obviously desperately wanted him on the team this team this year. He said to me back at the beginning of training camp, “Number 13 is pretty good, you know.” I said, “Yeah New York Giants Womens Hoodie , I think we’re all aware of that.” (laughter) I think the thing that impressed Pat so much was the attitude and energy level that he came in with. I left it up to Pat and Odell to whether he was going to play in the preseason. It was kind of a mutual thing that he wasn’t. Q: Odell has allowed his emotions to get the best of him at times in the past. Does that concern you moving forward?A: He’s always going to be a high-energy guy. He’s always going to be an emotional guy. I just hope that he keeps those emotions in check. I’m sure there’s going to be some incidents where he gets excited. Just hopefully he’s going to keep it within the grounds of not incurring a penalty or doing anything else that’s going to embarrass him, or us. He’s 25, I think he’s moving in the right direction. He wants to be here. He’s really excited about being a part of this team.Q: From a negotiation standpoint, it seems like things went fairly quickly and smoothly.A: I wouldn’t say there was anything unusual about it. Some negotiations go a little more quickly, some take time. This one took probably a little more time than we had hoped. It’s not our first negotiation. At the end of the day, we’re satisfied with the deal. Judging by the video that he posted, I guess he is, too.Q: How important was it to get this done before the regular season?A: I think it was important because we didn’t want it to be a distraction. We didn’t want it hanging over him. We didn’t want him worried about, ‘What if I get hurt? I’m not going to be protected.’ So, I think that was important to get it done before he actually started playing in games.Q: Have you ever reached a point in the summer where you told yourself Womens Customized New York Giants Jerseys , this needs to be done?A: I think we were always confident that it was going to get done. It was just a matter of time. Contract negotiations can drag out. It all depends on the agent, and general manager, there’s a lot of details that had to be ironed out. I was confident it was going to get done. It was just a question of when. When he went out to Detroit and took part in those practices and was full speed and looked great, he was ready to go, and we were satisfied that he was healthy and had the right attitude. It was just a question of time, that’s all. Pat Shurmur isn't about to express sympathy for the Atlanta Falcons' ever-growing list of key players on injured reserve.The New York Giants' coach has his own problems.The Giants (1-5) will try to end their three-game losing streak when they face the Falcons (2-4) in Monday night's matchup of last-place teams. Atlanta snapped its own three-game skid with last week's win over Tampa Bay .The Falcons will lean on Tevin Coleman as their new starting running back after placing Devonta Freeman on I R this week with a groin injury. Freeman already missed three games with a bruised knee and last week's game with the groin injury, so it was easy for Shurmur to study Falcons film with Coleman and rookie Ito Smith sharing all the snaps at running back."I've always been impressed with the way they move the ball and the way they score points," Shurmur said. "They find a way to score points no matter who is running the ball."The Giants' offensive woes continued in a 34-13 loss to the Eagles to extend their losing streak.Freeman joins offensive guard Andy Levitre as offensive starters on IR. Overall, the Falcons have lost five starters to IR, including safeties Keanu Neal and Ricardo Allen and linebacker Deion Jones. Also www.giantscheapshops.com , top defensive tackle Grady Jarrett has missed two straight games with an ankle injury.The Falcons hope Freeman and Allen can return this season, but each must miss at least eight games. Freeman wouldn't be eligible to return until the next-to-last game of the regular season."It's heartbreaking to see my guy go down," said Coleman of Freeman.Coleman said he has to fill the void so defenses can't focus on Matt Ryan and Atlanta's passing game."We definitely need to stay with the run just to open up the pass and keep defenses honest," he said.Here are some things to know about the Giants-Falcons matchup of last-place teams:BARKLEY ROLLINGGiants rookie halfback Saquon Barkley had a career-high 229 yards from scrimmage (130 rushing, 99 receiving) last week. He has at least 100 yards from scrimmage in each of his first six career games, one off the rookie record set by Kareem Hunt of Kansas City last season. The record for most consecutive games with 100 yards from scrimmage by a rookie during any point in the season is 10, set by Eric Dickerson of the Los Angeles Rams in 1983.NEW KICKERGiorgio Tavecchio was signed by Atlanta to fill in for at least one week for kicker Matt Bryant, who strained his right hamstring making a 57-yard field goal last week.Tavecchio, a native of Milan, Italy New York Giants T-Shirt , made 16 of 21 field goal attempts with Oakland last season and spent time with the Falcons in the preseason.SCORING LETDOWNGiants quarterback Eli Manning has passed for more than 300 yards in three road games, and Barkley is sixth in the league with 437 yards rushing. Still, New York is scoring only 19.5 points per game to rank 27th."You've got to figure out what it is to score, and figure out what the problem is and fix it fast," said wide receiver Sterling Shepard. "I think the coaches did a great job putting together a game plan for this week and we've just got to go out there and execute it."BREAKOUT TIGHT ENDFalcons tight end Austin Hooper has suddenly emerged as a top target for Ryan with nine catches in each of his last two games. Hooper, in his third season, says all his practice with Ryan is paying off. "You add a couple thousand reps in the offseason and after a while it just becomes like playing catch," he said.MIFFED MARAGiants co-owner John Mara criticized his team earlier in the week , saying he was disappointed by the second consecutive 1-5 start. He was particularly angry with Odell Beckham Jr. The NFL's highest-paid receiver was critical of Manning and questioned the heart of the team two weeks ago in a televised interviewed. Mara said he wished Beckham would start making his news on the field.It will be interesting to see how Beckham and the team respond on Monday night.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz