Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 44 mal aufgerufen
 Signaturen
zhanjiao1212 Offline

13.11.2018 06:44
lead -- and then lost the game. This one was no diff Antworten

MINNEAPOLIS – It doesnt matter how but it does matter when. Matt Tobin Jersey . The Blue Jays two All-Star representatives are counting on seeing a different looking club by the time the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline rolls around. They wont deny it, if general manager Alex Anthopoulos swings a deal, it would be welcome. “Huge impact,” said Bautista. “Any team that does a trade at the deadline in order to improve their club is going to benefit from it. Obviously thats why you do it. Well see. We have capable guys, though, that we dont necessarily need to go out there but it would be a tremendous help for us to go get somebody. More importantly we need our guys that are hurt to come back into the line-up so we can have our real team come on the field altogether.” Mark Buehrle echoed Bautistas last sentiment, while opining the four-day break would do the Blue Jays some good. “Lets hope,” said Buehrle. “Everybody goes home and clear their minds and gets away from baseball for a few days and comes back refreshed like its the beginning of the year. The injuries, to me, are the biggest key right now.” Anthopoulos faces a delicate balancing act as he tries to upgrade his club for today while retaining its best pieces of tomorrow. Hes dealing with budget parameters, the numbers of which arent clear but Anthopoulos often talks of being “creative” with any deal. Translation: dollar in-dollar out is the likely requirement of a completed trade. The Jays would like to move reliever Sergio Santos and the remainder of his $3.75-million salary. Theyd explore takers for Colby Rasmus and whats left of his $7-million contract. Neither player would be tied to an acquiring team next season. Santos has the first of three successive club options ($6-million in 2015) while Rasmus enters his final year of arbitration eligibility. While trading Rasmus would leave the Jays weaker in centrefield, at least offensively, his deletion would free up significant cash to acquire an asset. The Blue Jays need help in the infield, in the bullpen and like most other clubs not playing in Oakland and perhaps Southern California, could use another starting pitcher. The players realize the division is available. Bautista said the Jays chance of winning the American League East is the best since he arrived in Toronto. “Not necessarily record-wise but momentum, division, competition,” said Bautista. “Ive been here and our team has been hovering around .500 but it seems like, in the past, the division leader has [run] away with it and this time its not the case. Were certainly within striking distance and weve got to take this break and hopefully come back with a different mindset like we were in the first two months.” Injuries to Brett Lawrie (finger), Edwin Encarnacion (quadriceps) and Adam Lind (foot) have exacerbated an offensive downturn which began while all three were still in the lineup. Its reasonable to believe that if manager John Gibbons was able to field his starting line-up, the offence would have reawakened by now. The Blue Jays continue to play in the top 10 in most major offensive categories despite the struggles of the last five weeks. If theres a point of concern, aside from recent performance, its the abundant reliance on the home run. The issue is the lack of depth to cover for the injuries. Mississauga native Dalton Pompey, who isnt major league-ready, is the clubs only hot non-pitching prospect playing as high as Double-A. “You would like to have some depth in your minor league system and some capable guys to come in and replace if somebody gets hurt,” said Bautista. “Theres an opportunity for a lot of guys to step up right now and make a name for themselves and contribute and help out with wins. Right now were going to the farm system but there are different methods of acquiring talent and if its working out a trade or whatever it is … bottom line is there [are] opportunities out there on our team right now and how we get the players doesnt really matter as long as the guys that come in step up.” Bautista slams turf Jose Bautista made waves on the recent road trip when he spoke out strongly against Major League Baseballs flawed replay system. While that topic wasnt broached during Mondays media availability, Bautista touched on a topic closer to home: the turf at the Rogers Centre and the effect it has on players bodies. Only two teams, Toronto and Tampa Bay, still utilize turf. “It seems like us and the Rays, we all have to deal with more injuries than normal and playing banged up a little bit because of the turf,” said Bautista. “Its the only two stadiums left with turf. Even in football and other sports, you can see and you can tell teams that play on turf get hurt more often than teams that play on natural grass.” Players often murmur about the turf, especially toward the end of lengthy homestands when they feel the aches and pains associated with a consecutive stretch of games on the fake surface. Bautista is realistic about the natural grass solution, or lack thereof, and called on the organization to otherwise adapt. “I dont know if theres a way to address it in Rogers Centre so we just have to deal with it and figure out a way to get deeper with our farm system and have guys that can step in and contribute right away if somebody gets hurt,” said Bautista. “Weve got to get creative and weve got to figure it out. Just like we have to figure out how to win weve got to figure out how to stay on the field or have capable guys to come in and replace because some of these injuries, theyre not even caused by any lack of preparation or people not working, its just that you get beat up more when you play on turf.” Buehrle isnt fussed about Tuesday At 35 years-old and in his fifth All-Star Game, his first since 2009, Mark Buehrle knows his chances of returning to the Midsummer Classic are dwindling. Still, hes not concerned about pitching on Tuesday night if American League manager John Farrell decides to go in a different direction. “If I dont throw its not going to be the end of the world,” said Buehrle. “Theres some young guys. Ive been here and Ive thrown in these games before and if there [are] some younger guys that they want to get in there, hometown guys playing in Minnesota that they want to throw and they come over and say, hey, were not going to throw you, Im not going to argue, its not going to be the end of the world. Im just here to enjoy it and have fun.” With 10 victories at the All-Star Break, Buehrles assured himself of a 14th-straight double digit win total. Hes four wins shy of 200 for his career. Buehrles midseason ERA of 2.64 is a run and a half better than his final number from last season (4.15). In his 15th year, Buehrles never finished with an ERA below 3.00. His best, 3.12, came in 2005, the year his White Sox won the World Series. A family affair Mark Buehrles wife, Jamie, and his son and daughter are in Minneapolis to share in his All-Star experience. One of his brothers, along with his wife and children are also here. Buehrles son, Braden, is now seven years old. His daughter, Brooklyn, is five. This is the first time hes been an All-Star when his kids have an opportunity to remember the event. The treatments been first class. “We took a private jet up here,” said Buehrle. “Im like, these kids are so spoiled right now. Like, they dont realize how spoiled they are so hopefully they can soak it in and have fun with it.” Buehrles mother, Pat, and father, John, arent taking part. John underwent knee replacement surgery earlier this month and is struggling to get back on his feet. John insisted on attending but Mark put his foot down. “Im not going to make mom or have mom be pushing you around,” said Buehrle. “Youre going to get bumped. Youre going to be sweating so, a chance of getting infected, there were too much health risks to get him here.” Hurry-up Offence The Blue Jays played back to back nine-inning games, on Wednesday in Anaheim and on Friday in Tampa Bay, which combined took almost eight hours to play. “Its annoying how long some of these games are,” said Buehrle. Buehrle is one of baseballs fastest-working pitchers. He notices the length of games, their lack of pace and admitted its becoming increasingly talked about amongst players. “I think they did that speed up rule a couple of years ago and it seems like since theyve done that the games have gotten actually longer,” said Buehrle. “I dont know exactly how you can enforce it or make it more strict but they need to do something.” Buehrle on Jeter Buehrle tipped his cap to outgoing Yankees captain Derek Jeter. “Hes owned me over his career so Im not too sad to see him go and obviously get out of the game,” said Buehrle. “Obviously what hes done for baseball and over his career, I mean hes the top guy in Major League Baseball on and off the field so its going to be sad to see him go.” Buehrles right. Jeters hit him well, lifetime .341/.356/.545 in 46 plate appearances with two home runs and three doubles. Roger Craig Jersey . The Thunder earned the Game 1 win with a 100-86 victory Saturday night. Oklahoma City dominated the first half and led by 22 at the break, but saw its lead shrink to just two points in the fourth quarter. Raheem Mostert Jersey . When New Zealand finally held on for an 8-7 win, France No. 8 Imanol Harinordoquy collapsed to the ground, having given every drop of energy he could muster, and lay prone as All Blacks danced around him in celebration. Few critics had given France any chance, but coach Marc Lievremonts team rallied from 8-0 down and came within one kick of taking the lead with 15 minutes remaining, only for flyhalf Francois Trinh-Ducs 49-meter effort to drift wide. http://www.cheap49ersjerseysonline.com/?tag=kyle-nelson-jersey-online . Mike Trout, Josh Hamilton and Kole Calhoun all homered to help the Los Angeles Angels get their first win of the season with an 11-1 rout of the Houston Astros.COLUMBUS, Ohio -- In the dressing room after Brandon Dubinskys late goal forced overtime, Columbus Blue Jackets forward Nick Foligno half-jokingly said hed get the winner. Then he did it. Dubinsky scored with 22.5 seconds left in regulation and Folignos wrist shot just inside the blue line 2:49 into the extra session -- from right over the top of the Stanley Cup painted under the ice -- gave the upstart Columbus Blue Jackets a 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday night. Asked if he had called the goal, Foligno laughed. "I might have," he said with a wide grin. "I didnt actually think it would work out, but it ended up working. Im going to thank my lucky stars." The Blue Jackets overcame a 3-0 deficit for their first home playoff victory in the franchises 13 seasons, sending the series back to Pittsburgh for Game 5 on Saturday night tied 2-2. The defeat left the Penguins, who had rolled over Columbus in all five meetings during the regular season, stunned. "We lost the game, its 2-2 now and we have to have a response from our whole group," Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma said. Craig Adams, Chris Kunitz and James Neal scored in a 5:01 span in the first period to stake the Penguins to a three-goal lead and briefly silence the rowdy crowd of 18,970. But the Blue Jackets, unlike prior teams that had made the franchise a laughing stock by piling up defeats and failing in big games, kept coming. Rookie Boone Jenner scored on a 5-on-3 power play to cut it to 3-1. That was an ominous sign for the Penguins. In the three previous games of the series, a team had scored first on the way to a 3-1 lead -- and then lost the game. This one was no different. Ryan Johansen, who would star on Dubinskys tying shot, then tapped in a goal, also with a man advantage, to make it 3-2 through two periods. It stayed that way, both Marc-Andre Fleury of Pittsburgh and Columbus Sergei Bobrovsky trading big saves, until the final minute. As brilliant as he had been at times, Fleury was the culprit. Without really having to, he elected to go to the back wall to handle Jack Johnsons pass around the boards. He whiffed trying to handle the puck, it hopping over his stick, and he was left out of position. Johansen was there to saucer a quick backhanded pass through the crease where Dubinsky netted it with 22.5 seconds left. "We just dumped it in and went to work," said Dubinsky, acquired in the blockbuster deal that shipped captain and franchise hallmark Rick ;Nash to the New York Rangers two years ago. Ronnie Lott Jersey. "It was a Columbus goal. We forechecked them hard, Joe threw it out front to me. I dont know what happened with Fleury, but a couple of guys went down and I shot through them and it went into the net." That touched off a wild celebration, with dancing in the aisles and the loudest sound heard in the Blue Jackets mostly dismal 13 seasons -- well, for at least a few minutes. Meanwhile Dubinsky slid on one knee on the ice before being mobbed by his teammates. In the overtime, the Blue Jackets had the best of it -- as they had for all but the start. Foligno carried the puck through the neutral zone and was 12 feet across the blue line when he fired a low wrister that he tucked under Fleurys glove. As the players piled on top of Foligno, the crowd went crazy again. "The fans were outstanding," Foligno said. "When we were down 3-0, they stuck with us and they kept cheering us on. And it really gave us a lot of momentum throughout the game." Fleury finished with 42 saves but had no explanation for what happened on the tying goal. "They dumped it in and I thought I would stop it for my (defence)," he said. "I dont know, it just bounced over my stick and went right to their guy (Johansen). And he put it right in front." Penguins captain Sidney Crosby defended his goalie. "I didnt get a good look but, you know what, I trust Marc," he said. "For a puck to come out like that, Im sure it had to take a bounce or some kind of a weird hop." Bylsma also blamed a funny bounce. "It was just a puck that comes off of the stanchion and its a bouncing puck," he said. "Obviously, it leaves them with an open cage and an opportunity." The closing goals buoyed the hopes of the Blue Jackets and called into question the Penguins, who have been playoff busts since winning the Stanley Cup in 2009. "I dont know if you can script a better finish," Richards said. Notes: The NHL announced earlier Wednesday that Game 5 will start at 7 p.m. on Saturday in Pittsburgh. ... Bobrovsky had 22 saves for the Blue Jackets. ... Columbus was without rookie D Ryan Murray, who was wearing a boot after being hit with a puck in practice. Veteran Nick Schultz took his spot. ... Bylsma said he was hopeful C Marcel Goc (ankle) may be able to play in the series. ... Likely NHL MVP Crosby has not scored a goal in his last nine playoff games and Evgeni Malkin hasnt found the net in his last eight. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz