Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
zhanjiao1212 Offline

24.10.2018 05:04
make it even more special Antworten

Q2: Do you take it one article at a time? Is it a team effort?BA: The thing with column writing: You have to write one piece, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, until eventually you stop. Jaylen Samuels Jersey . Heres what I always tell young journalism students in my ongoing attempt to scare away all but the diehards: lets you write the greatest column every written. Its perfect. Its the equivalent of writing the opening minute of Gimme Shelter. It changes lives. You did it.So, what are you writing tomorrow? Because that other column is gone, man.Also, yes, it is a team effort. I dont even write the headlines.Q3: Who is your favourite writer?BA: This right here is what they call a complicated question. Depends what you want: Columnist, features, novels, whatever. In sports, I could make a very long list, but I think the best columnist in North America is Dan Wetzel from Yahoo, who has such incredible instincts, and such a clear mind. I think the most powerful writer in North America is Charlie Pierce from Esquire. And my favourite novel is probably Catch-22.Q4: Is there such thing as tweeting too much?BA: So Ive been told. Q5: What the best article of yours we have never read?BA: Well, depends who you are. But I wrote a couple in university Im not yet embarrassed by: one about womens rugby, which was my first real feature, and one about a womens field hockey player named Jen Dowdeswell, and a couple others. If you havent read my piece about Acron Eger from 2008, that might be it. I still think about him.Q6: Have you inspired any good parody accounts on Twitter?BA: You want a parody account? This is a parody account. Gaze upon it. Its like a perfect oil painting. Q7: Other than you, whos your next favourite Bruce (excluding Wayne)?BA: I guess Willis? I mean, Die Hard alone, right? But my favourite B. Arthur is Bea Athur. She was a grand dame, she really was. Once I showed up at a physiotherapy appointment and theyd listed me as B. Arthur, and the ladies at reception were so disappointed when I showed up.Q8: While you were at UBC, did you ever meet David Suzuki? If so, what did you talk about? If not, can you make something up?BA: Why would I have met David Suzuki? I mean, I was busy, man. I did participate in the APEC protests in 1997 and nearly got tear-gassed, I worked at the student newspaper, I called basketball and football games for the radio station — which had an old Coke machine that contained a million cans of beer and it was a lottery which kind youd get — I met my future wife, all that stuff. The most interesting interview subject I sat down with was the novelist Thomas King, though. We mostly talked about writing. He was very patient, and great. Q9: What is your handwriting like?BA: Deteriorating. I can still pull out neat enough printing that my wife wants me to inscribe the Christmas cards, but my shorthand is basically runes at this point. Funny story: In high school Id walk by the typewriting class, which was a thing, and think, look at those suckers, learning to type. Why would I need to know how to type? Good call, young Bruce, you dummy.Q10: If you were to write a novel, what would the title be?BA: Novels seem hard. Like, youd have to think up character names, for a start. I think the title is probably what youd do last. And youd have to make sure nobody else had used it before. So I cannot answer this until Ive written a novel, which again, seems very hard. Q11: Can you provide us with one picture to judge you by?BA: Heres me as a young man shuffling cards under a tarp in the woods while smoking a cigar Q12: Can you go BarDown?Give enough unbothered time in my driveway with one of the hockey sticks we bought for the kids, sure. I prefer trying to get the ball hung up in the netting by shooting it under the back bar, but Im not sure theres a term for that, though. Merril Hoge Jersey . Louis Cardinals pitcher Jaime Garcia will have surgery on his left shoulder this week and is expected to miss the rest of the season. Ramon Foster Jersey . CHAUNCEY BILLUPS (Pistons): Yes they got Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings in the off-season and Andre Drummond is a beast (teams are kicking themselves for passing on him - he rebounds and block shots every game - thats two more discernable and significant skills than most guys in his draft class), but dont for a second discount the impact of having a savvy veteran like Billups on your team. http://www.cheapsteelersjerseyssale.com/?tag=ben-roethlisberger-jersey-sale . Braden Calverts Winnipeg rink rallied to defeat Italy 8-7. After giving up three points in the second end, Calvert came back with a single, then stole two more points in the next two ends to tie it up at the fifth-end break.BASEL, Switzerland -- Vasek Pospisil will face off against Swiss star Roger Federer in the semifinals of the Swiss Indoors on Saturday, with the Canadian hoping to be fit after surprising himself with a 7-6 (11), 6-4 quarter-final defeat of Ivan Dodig. Pospisil, ranked 40th in the world, admitted that he was shocked to have finished the tough one-hour 45-minute match with Dodig after being unable to move his neck the morning of the match. "I woke up fine at 7:00 but then fell back asleep and slept in a bad position for 90 minute from 8:00 to 9:30," said Pospisil. "I couldnt move my neck to the left. "I honestly didnt know if Id be able to play at all," said the rising star who has reached all three of his career ATP semifinals (Bogata, Montreal and Basel) this breakthrough season. "I had a lot of treatment and painkillers. "It was still bothering me on every single shot, especially the serve and forehand. But the trainer told me I couldnt make it worse so I gave everything I had. Im still very surprised that it held up as well as it did, frankly. Its shocking." Federer beat Pospisil in their only other meeting in Montreal two years ago, but the young player from Vancouver is excited to get another chance at the Swiss icon. "It will be incredible to play him, it will be one of the highlights of my career," Pospisil said. "Q2: Do you take it one article at a time? Is it a team effort?BA: The thing with column writing: You have to write one piece, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, until eventually you stop. Jaylen Samuels Jersey . Heres what I always tell young journalism students in my ongoing attempt to scare away all but the diehards: lets you write the greatest column every written. Its perfect. Its the equivalent of writing the opening minute of Gimme Shelter. It changes lives. You did it.So, what are you writing tomorrow? Because that other column is gone, man.Also, yes, it is a team effort. I dont even write the headlines.Q3: Who is your favourite writer?BA: This right here is what they call a complicated question. Depends what you want: Columnist, features, novels, whatever. In sports, I could make a very long list, but I think the best columnist in North America is Dan Wetzel from Yahoo, who has such incredible instincts, and such a clear mind. I think the most powerful writer in North America is Charlie Pierce from Esquire. And my favourite novel is probably Catch-22.Q4: Is there such thing as tweeting too much?BA: So Ive been told. Q5: What the best article of yours we have never read?BA: Well, depends who you are. But I wrote a couple in university Im not yet embarrassed by: one about womens rugby, which was my first real feature, and one about a womens field hockey player named Jen Dowdeswell, and a couple others. If you havent read my piece about Acron Eger from 2008, that might be it. I still think about him.Q6: Have you inspired any good parody accounts on Twitter?BA: You want a parody account? This is a parody account. Gaze upon it. Its like a perfect oil painting. Q7: Other than you, whos your next favourite Bruce (excluding Wayne)?BA: I guess Willis? I mean, Die Hard alone, right? But my favourite B. Arthur is Bea Athur. She was a grand dame, she really was. Once I showed up at a physiotherapy appointment and theyd listed me as B. Arthur, and the ladies at reception were so disappointed when I showed up.Q8: While you were at UBC, did you ever meet David Suzuki? If so, what did you talk about? If not, can you make something up?BA: Why would I have met David Suzuki? I mean, I was busy, man. I did participate in the APEC protests in 1997 and nearly got tear-gassed, I worked at the student newspaper, I called basketball and football games for the radio station — which had an old Coke machine that contained a million cans of beer and it was a lottery which kind youd get — I met my future wife, all that stuff. The most interesting interview subject I sat down with was the novelist Thomas King, though. We mostly talked about writing. He was very patient, and great. Q9: What is your handwriting like?BA: Deteriorating. I can still pull out neat enough printing that my wife wants me to inscribe the Christmas cards, but my shorthand is basically runes at this point. Funny story: In high school Id walk by the typewriting class, which was a thing, and think, look at those suckers, learning to type. Why would I need to know how to type? Good call, young Bruce, you dummy.Q10: If you were to write a novel, what would the title be?BA: Novels seem hard. Like, youd have to think up character names, for a start. I think the title is probably what youd do last. And youd have to make sure nobody else had used it before. So I cannot answer this until Ive written a novel, which again, seems very hard. Q11: Can you provide us with one picture to judge you by?BA: Heres me as a young man shuffling cards under a tarp in the woods while smoking a cigar Q12: Can you go BarDown?Give enough unbothered time in my driveway with one of the hockey sticks we bought for the kids, sure. I prefer trying to get the ball hung up in the netting by shooting it under the back bar, but Im not sure theres a term for that, though. Merril Hoge Jersey . Louis Cardinals pitcher Jaime Garcia will have surgery on his left shoulder this week and is expected to miss the rest of the season. Ramon Foster Jersey . CHAUNCEY BILLUPS (Pistons): Yes they got Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings in the off-season and Andre Drummond is a beast (teams are kicking themselves for passing on him - he rebounds and block shots every game - thats two more discernable and significant skills than most guys in his draft class), but dont for a second discount the impact of having a savvy veteran like Billups on your team. http://www.cheapsteelersjerseyssale.com/?tag=ben-roethlisberger-jersey-sale . Braden Calverts Winnipeg rink rallied to defeat Italy 8-7. After giving up three points in the second end, Calvert came back with a single, then stole two more points in the next two ends to tie it up at the fifth-end break.BASEL, Switzerland -- Vasek Pospisil will face off against Swiss star Roger Federer in the semifinals of the Swiss Indoors on Saturday, with the Canadian hoping to be fit after surprising himself with a 7-6 (11), 6-4 quarter-final defeat of Ivan Dodig. Pospisil, ranked 40th in the world, admitted that he was shocked to have finished the tough one-hour 45-minute match with Dodig after being unable to move his neck the morning of the match. "I woke up fine at 7:00 but then fell back asleep and slept in a bad position for 90 minute from 8:00 to 9:30," said Pospisil. "I couldnt move my neck to the left. "I honestly didnt know if Id be able to play at all," said the rising star who has reached all three of his career ATP semifinals (Bogata, Montreal and Basel) this breakthrough season. "I had a lot of treatment and painkillers. "It was still bothering me on every single shot, especially the serve and forehand. But the trainer told me I couldnt make it worse so I gave everything I had. Im still very surprised that it held up as well as it did, frankly. Its shocking." Federer beat Pospisil in their only other meeting in Montreal two years ago, but the young player from Vancouver is excited to get another chance at the Swiss icon. "It will be incredible to play him, it will be one of the highlights of my career," Pospisil said. "Playing him in his hometown willl make it even more special. Jerome Bettis Jersey. It will be a very special match for me." Pospisil needed nearly an hour to win the gruelling first set against Croatias Dodig. The tiebreaker created stress on both sides of the net, with Pospisil saving three set points and finally converting for the win on his own fourth set-winning opportunity. In the second set, Pospisil broke for a 3-2 set lead only to lose it a game later. But Pospisil dug in to break Dodig again for a 5-4 lead. He finished off the victory a game later on his second match point as Dodig hit the net with a return. "It was really tough to concentrate," said the injured winner. "Its very draining to play that way. But Im really thrilled to go through like this." Pospisil is hoping to improve his ranking enough this weekend and next week in Paris at the last event of the regular season to reach the top 32, which would guarantee a seeding for the Australian Open." He said the trainer told him his condition is a two or three-day affair, with the first day the worst. He is expecting no physical problems when he plays for a spot in the his first ATP final at the weekend. But he admitted that the situation was a close call. "I could not have played a 1 p.m. (match)," he said. "But two hours later I was loose enough to be able to serve almost normally, thanks to all the treatment."" Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' ' hometown willl make it even more special. Jerome Bettis Jersey. It will be a very special match for me." Pospisil needed nearly an hour to win the gruelling first set against Croatias Dodig. The tiebreaker created stress on both sides of the net, with Pospisil saving three set points and finally converting for the win on his own fourth set-winning opportunity. In the second set, Pospisil broke for a 3-2 set lead only to lose it a game later. But Pospisil dug in to break Dodig again for a 5-4 lead. He finished off the victory a game later on his second match point as Dodig hit the net with a return. "It was really tough to concentrate," said the injured winner. "Its very draining to play that way. But Im really thrilled to go through like this." Pospisil is hoping to improve his ranking enough this weekend and next week in Paris at the last event of the regular season to reach the top 32, which would guarantee a seeding for the Australian Open." He said the trainer told him his condition is a two or three-day affair, with the first day the worst. He is expecting no physical problems when he plays for a spot in the his first ATP final at the weekend. But he admitted that the situation was a close call. "I could not have played a 1 p.m. (match)," he said. "But two hours later I was loose enough to be able to serve almost normally, thanks to all the treatment."" Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz