Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
panxing18 Offline

13.07.2019 09:28
This week the masthead bands together and Antworten

brings up the cold Zach Cunningham Color Rush Jersey , awful, miserable past." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteBattle Red Bloga Houston Texans communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsTexansOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Texans StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Texans NewsYahoo Texans Team PageYahoo Texans ReportYahoo Texans Depth ChartYahoo Texans TransactionsYahoo Texans PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Filed under:2019 Houston Texans OffseasonBRB Groupthink: Slicing Open Old WoundsNew,15commentsThis week the masthead bands together and brings up the cold, awful, miserable past. CDTShareTweetShareShareBRB Groupthink: Slicing Open Old WoundsWinslow Townson-USA TODAY SportsOn Wednesday night the Houston Rockets blew it. Kevin Durant left the game with a lower leg injury while Reggie Miller cried wolf, when it was a calf strain, not an Achilles tear. They had a chance to go up 3-2, head home to clinch, without Durant on the court, and they screwed it all up. It was unbelievable. A soul wrenching, abhorrent, gut dissolving, franchise folding loss. And the entire time the game was on I was thinking about the past, which means I was thinking about the Houston Texans, which means I thought of a similar game in a much less serious situation. Houston was 2-0. [NAME REDACTED] was their quarterback. They headed up to New England to play the Patriots while Tom Brady was in the timeout corner with a dunce hat on. Finally. Maybe. Could this be the year the Texans actually have a quarterback and beat New England? Nope. Of course not. Somethings just aren’t meant to ever happen. The Patriots bracketed DeAndre Hopkins. Played two safeties deep. Forced [NAME REDACTED] to beat them with intermediate accuracy, something he has none of Christian Covington Color Rush Jersey , and forced him out to the flat over and over and over again. He averaged 4.7 yards an attempt. 196 yards on 41 throws. The Texans were blanked 27-0 and gave up 185 rushing yards, including a memorable Jacoby Brissett scamper. The rest of the NFL used this same template to destroy [NAME REDACTED] from this day on wards. This same team would go on to beat them in the Divisional Round as well, a game where the Texans’ defense finally was able to get to Brady, force turnovers, and play well enough to win, but, the quarterback made a win impossible. Ahhhh the good old days. After rummaging around and pulling out the suitcases from past Texans losses, while watching the Rockets complete one of their own, I asked the masthead, “What do you think is the worst loss in Texans’ franchise history?”. Matt Burnham:Luke Beggs:bigfatdrunk:Diehard Chris:Uprooted Texan:Mike Bullock:tGC: It seems difficult to believe that a team that started so poorly this year is not only going to the playoffs but will host a home game in the Wild Card round.But the Texans are.It seems difficult to imagine that this team would reel off nine straight wins in some of the most screwball ways possible.But the Texans did.It seems strange that this would all happen with essentially the same team (save for Deshaun Watson) who won all of four games last year.But that’s what happened for the Texans.So, here we are ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to the playoffs.May our stay be long and enjoyable and full of fish.This also means at least one more Hair of the Dog this season, so let’s get through this one.That way, we can dream about the Texans’ playoff possibilities.On to the dog.As always, in finest Hair of the Dog tradition, all swear words have been replaced with the word [kitten] to make this post safe for work.And because children might read this and while I don’t particularly care if children learn to swear Lamar Miller Color Rush Jersey , I know some of y’all might, and I’d rather not get letters about it.Enjoy!Pregame ThoughtsMDCtGCUTKenneth L.MDCUT (to tGC)tGC (to UT)WestonFirst QuarterMDCWeston(Glitter Kitties punt to the Texans.Carter is hit by a Jags defender, causing the ball to jostle out of his hands and be recovered by Jacksonville.)UTCapt Ron(Refs pick up flag for roughing.)UTKenneth L.(Jags challenge the ruling on the field of Texans’ ball.Call is overturned, Jags get first and goal.)UTWeston(Refs...I mean Jags score a field goal, lead 3-0.)Capt RonWestonUTMDC (to UT)(Watson gets ball into end zone for touchdown...)UT(Refs overturn Watson touchdown.)BFDUTCapt RonWeston(Texans kick a field goal, game is tied 3-3.)UTKenneth L.Capt RonWestonUT (to Capt Ron)[Ed. Note:I just remembered curling does not have human officiating technically.We regret the error.]LukeWestonBFDMDC(Glitter Kitties muff the punt, Texans recover.)UTLukeUTMDC(Watson runs the ball into the end zone for the touchdown.Texans lead 10-3.)Luke[Ed. Note:It is.]WestonSecond QuarterLukeCapt RonUTWestonLukeCapt RonWestonCapt RonUT(Lamar Miller runs a touchdown in for the Texans on the next play.Texans lead 17-3.)Capt RonBrettUTLuke (to UT)Capt Ron (to UT)MDC (to UT)(Watson is sacked.)Capt RonHalftime ReactionsUTBFDKenneth L.MDCBFDWestonUT (to Weston)WestonCapt RonUTThird QuarterCapt RonCapt RonBrettBFDKenneth L.BFDCapt RonUTWeston[Ed. Note:Like [kitten] we don’t.]Capt RonBFDBrett (to Capt Ron)WestonFourth QuarterBFDWestonBFDCapt RonBFD(Texans kick a field goal, negated by roughing call against Jacksonville, keeps drive alive only to stall again for the same field goal.Texans lead 20-3.)UTCapt RonUTCapt Ron(Ramsay picks off Hopkins...)UT(...But is called incomplete after review.)UTCapt RonUTMDCUT (to MDC)(Andre Hal picks off Bortles in the end zone.)BFDUTCapt RonMDC (to UT)(With less than five minutes left, Texans begin running plays that take them out of bounds frequently.)MDCBFDUTMDCUTCapt RonBFD(Houston Texans win 20-3, win the AFC South.)UTGame BallsOffense - Deshaun Watson is our offense and our offense is Deshaun Watson.So a game ball for him.Defense - Blake Bortles.You know why.Special Teams - A fresh game ball for The Hardest Working Man In Football, Ka’imi Fairbairn.That’s that, folks.Got anything you want to add to this championship-calibre dog?Add your thoughts to the comments section below!

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz